Saturday, April 05, 2008

Ooookay ...

Just spotted on Amazon while surfing the things they're recommending me :

Recommended for you : Electronics & Photo.

Item - DVD-R recordable spindle, 50 discs.
Recommended because you said you owned : Harry Turtledove's Colonisation Second Contact.

I could understand being recommended a DVD-R disc spindle if I'd done any PC hardware buying through Amazon but the only hardware I've acquired there is the Bluetooth gps receiver (still happy with that widget). I don't trust them all that much but I use Overclockers.co.uk for my PC hardware buying. They're cheap and have mostly given me good bits. What's Second Contact ? It's a book about aliens coming to Earth to take it over as a colony planet. There's no cd's in there ...

I wonder why Amazon can't think of anything to recommend for me on Garden & Outdoors or Kitchen & Home. Funny that ;-)

Back to House MD watching and thinking about whether I should eat something :-) That's one thing I get when I have bugs. It worked pretty well last time I got bugs bad enough to get me off work. I lost half a stone in 3 days ...

PS I am currently in a state of being a little irked. Partly because I'd like to pass on a link about something. Mostly because I can't pass on that link because work wouldn't like it. I may have to hide it somewhere :-) :-) :-)

5 comments:

  1. I think one can overdo links - I'm rubbish at them BTW. My heart sinks when I go for a quick read of a favourite blog and there will be sometimes four or five links, which one knows will be worthwhile reading but take time one doesn't have to spare, and one is drenched in guilt for the rest of the day.
    Michele sent me over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh heh - this link is one where we're probably scaring the owner of the site cos there's a bunch of us at work who have the page open and set to auto-refresh every minute or so :-)

    It doesn't happen too often. Well, not yet anyway :-) And we're only about a hundred people so we don't knock out the site's internet access like what happens when it's the Ashes in cricket :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They could be recommending worse :)

    BTW, Michele sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all a bit technical for me. I like lots of visitors - it makes getting up at crack of dawn, to write a post that has been bugging me, worth while. Here from Michele's again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still remember doing that Thursday Thirteen about a month or so ago with 13 links to Youtube on it.

    That was hard work doing that ! But most of the hard work was actually in finding the videos.

    Links can add something but there should be a sentence or a few words as a "more info there but hopefully I've covered it already" :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.