Saturday, April 12, 2008

A new project ?

Been thinking of doing a little writing for quite some time now. I have the blog here which gets little snippets of my life added to it every once in a while. However, real life seems rather mundane. I'd rather write about fun stuff, little bit of tension, some excitement and some fun with strong characters interacting with each other, which leads me to fiction.

The stories would have to be in another blog though ... I think I'd struggle to get one out every day and the flow would be disrupted if there was a Thursday Thirteen in the middle of the continuing adventures of Keela and the Gang. I reckon a Wordless Wednesday might fit though :-)

Thing is, what's daunting me about it is the world in which it would live. The best stories will be consistent with each other, which usually means a Plan that the reader doesn't see, except as directed by the author. Maybe a few short ones unconnected to a wider whole first. The D&D and Warhammer groups give very good material there, although you have to be careful of copyright because most role play adventures come from pre-prepared books.

Doctor Who at the moment - now there's an example of a series of short stories :-) I was impressed with Season 1 of the new Dr Who, it fit together its episodes fairly well, with various things getting set up as they went through. Dinner bell too ... time to rescue it before it turns to cinders.

2 comments:

  1. I have another blog where I write poetry. I started as a story writer but somehere down the line discovered the poet within myself!

    Michele sent me here for M & G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poetry's another aspect I'd like to develop. I can usually turn out Haiku but my output there often seems a little mechanical. With poetry, the engineer part of me interferes even more.

    Maybe I'm just hunting for the right inspiration :-) Be that subject, situation or even person ;-)
    (some of my better essays in English at school were inspired by me trying to show off to a Porsche driving summer dress wearing hottie)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.