Saturday, April 19, 2008

Handyman Hunter

I'm up at my parents place this weekend, it's birthday weekend. My nan turned 90 yesterday and is still able to cause more chaos than a teenager :-) My mum gains another year next week.

Birthday munchies tonight, which will hopefully be good. We tend to hit two pubs pretty regularly when I'm here, one is in the local town, one is on the outskirts of Lincoln. The Sleaford pub is a drinking pub, not really one you'd want to eat in. The one in Lincoln suffers heavily from a lack of consistency, most of the time the food is good but there's usually one dinner sighted that's heading back into the kitchen due to complaints.

I usually mop up the little electronic jobs when I come back, which I don't mind doing. The burglar alarm has had a seeing to this morning, as it has been chirping away trying to tell us something. It can't get the message through properly though as its designers didn't bless it with too much intelligence ... Problem sorted though.

I'm still a little sore from the badminton on Wednesday, which is something earned by me being idle physically for a couple of years ... Not recommended ! May have to take up jogging around the block to keep my legs moving. It's all honest soreness, the only bit I was wary of was my knee which was really upset with me. However, since Friday I've been able to walk without thinking too much of keeping the knee straight so no new permanent damage there.

Ben greeted me last night by dragging his new toy in, he's now curled up in his bed having a little snooze. He tortures himself a bit does our Ben, I had some toast not so long ago but didn't let him have any.

We hunted cars on the way back from the lunchtime pub, I have a few more ideas of what to look for now. The next one will be :
Something Focus sized or smaller (not likely to be a Focus)
Decent engine - I like having a performance option
Cushiness toys
Not an MPV - I don't need something that big

Looking forward to the munchies tonight and to more badminton next week.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm over from Michele's. Happy birthday to your Mum and Gran, hope you're having a great weekend.

    I'm scanning for new cars aswell...I think I'm decided on a Citreon C3 although I keep seeing other cars that raise my eyebrows a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were a couple of C4's in the local garage that looked interesting ... Probably on the limit of what I'd be interested in because I don't need the space of a Mondeo size thing ...

    Spotted a couple of Clio's too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lament the relative lack of sophisticatin in the North American auto market. Years of cheap gas have resulted in a population content to drive big boats with automatic transmissions.

    I love how high fuel costs have forced the European market toward small, cuting edge designs. Sure hope some of that takes hold here soon.

    Keep us posted on your hunt. How neat!

    Hi from Michele's!

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.