Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ipaq TV on the air :-)

Firstly, please wish Dawn's Mom well, see here for more info.

No Thursday Thirteen this week, although I have one planned ... Not got my 13 myths to put in my 13 myths just yet, working on it :-)

Ipaq TV is on the air, which means I've been successful in :

Hooking up webcam to laptop - trivial :-)
Getting the streaming video thing going - almost trivial
(issues with getting the software from Microsoft)
Ipaq connected to network - hassle ... grr ... wifi ... grr
Ipaq looking at video stream - sorted :-)

I probably won't go for the 100% solution, which would be to make it available via the internet, I don't have a use for that plus I'd have to hook it up via my desktop, which isn't exactly reliable ...

Just one slight problem, which might put a downer on using IpaqTV to fix the Skydish ... I was testing it while watching a Dresden Files episode. The image came up ok but when I waved at the camera, nothing happened. And then I start hearing voices ... I'm not going nuts, it was Dresden Files voices. I listened a little harder and realised - "they said that a minute ago !"

And you've probably just realised what the problem might be ;-) (need to tinker with da buffers)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:18 am

    Awww, thanks SO much for linking my post Sleepypete. It means a lot to me that you've done this for her, and I'll be sure to pass on everyone's good wishes to her when we speak on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the entire time I was reading this I thought you were saying IraqTV and I couldn't figure out what the hell you were doing!!

    then I went back past your shiny shoes and now I feel so much better - much less confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Dianne :-) I like my shiny shoes. They have far more grip than the last pair, which led to me convincing all the other players that I'm nuts by diving 6 times and pulling out the pirouette shot 5 times :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.