Monday, March 24, 2008

Needed - Place for Homeless Dragons

I've been continuing my catching up with House over the weekend, as Hallmark have been repeating season 3. I missed out on House the first time round, which is why I'm catching up now.

Trouble is, my TV has joined the list of things that don't quite work right around here (I'm at the top of that list !). You know when TVs start making that really high pitched sound that sends cats and dogs mad ? Well, I'm surprised that the local cat (Chronos) still looks in through the back window cos my telly's been "singing" all weekend. It's not quite that high pitched because I can still hear it but it's presence is almost enough to get my brain dribbling out through my nose. Hopefully the sound doesn't mean the beginning of the end for this telly, it's probably just complaining at being over worked.

I'm getting relief from it at the moment, as I'm taking a break from TV watching before heading back in for more later. I'm currently 99 pages into Iain M Banks's novel The Player Of Games. Not bad so far but I warmed more to the general chaos that made Consider Phlebas come to life and the Diziet Sma character in Use of Weapons.

Enough of telly - how come I chose that title for today ? It's because of these guys :


The top of my TV has been taken over by these draconic reprobates, led by "Another Monday", who just happens to be the one who forces me to use him as an avatar wherever I have a web presence. One thing about potentially going for an HD telly or any telly to replace the one I have is that it won't have a conveniently large step on the top to put my dragons on. Tellies aren't built that way any more.

I have a couple of bookcases that I have Even More Dragons on but things I put up there aren't quite so visible. Somehow, when I do get a flatter, thinner, shinier telly I don't think my dwagons will be homeless for too long ...

PS The cricket picture that I got in the pic has generated a fair bit of debate in the family :-) It's a cross stitch done by my sister and was a present. The debate is on subjects like "what shot played", "left hander ?", "before hit or after hit ?" I have my idea, based on logic but I'd be curious to see more theories :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.