Friday, March 21, 2008

2 heads better than 1 ?

Just finished a session on Eve, where I was hoping to get some sleep in doing a bit of mining. That means, one computer, one screen and one job to do.

Doh ! Had to fire up my second Eve account as well so I could help with getting what we mined back to base again ... So that's :

Getting the Eve game on to this laptop,
Rebooting this laptop so it'll play nicely (laptop has issues ...)
Dodging from desktop screen to laptop screen doing two different jobs.
Crossing fingers and hoping the police polish off the pirate who tried to blow up my very expensive mining ship.

It wipes me out rather quickly playing the game on the two computers, so I'm going to fall asleep in front of the cricket. Hopefully England will pick up from where they are at the moment, they've started as badly as you can start in a game ...

2 comments:

  1. Dropped by from Michele's tonight...I had to laugh when you wrote about your laptop having "issues". Sounds like every other computer I've ever used :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - it's a poor, neglected old thing this laptop but it's still chugging along :-)

    The screen, trackpad, cd drive and a few other things are having problems on it but the thing that needs the reboot is its reluctance to play games after a while ... It'll just automatically minimise the window that has the game in it when you try to switch to the game.

    Bit like it saying "Nooo - I'm tired, use your big powerful desktop for those games that make me hot and bothered" :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.