Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Game on :-)

Easter is a good time of year, it gives us an excuse to eat an unhealthy amount of chocolate. Here is my first naughty mistake of the year :

It's especially naughty because Buttons are one of those things that while I'd quite happily eat them forever, they do make my heart beat strangely :-)

Cricket's starting up again, at least cricket I'll be able to watch :-). There's been cricket on telly from various parts of the world but :

Stanford 20/20 is painful to watch (a cricket addict turning off a cup final halfway in ?)
Games in Aussie have been starting at midnight.

But - we have NZ vs England starting tonight, with the first ball coming at 9.30pm local. So I'll be able to chill out to the cricket while most likely reading a book and listening to iTunes. Yep - that means not actually paying that much attention to the cricket ! The best thing about cricket on the telly is all the replays, you know to start paying attention to the game when the commentators start getting excited. And when commentators get louder, something important has happened which means replays are sure to follow :-)

There's a couple of hours to go though, so I'm currently wiping things off the Skybox. At the moment it's House season 2, with Michelle Trachtenberg being very sweet as a heart transplant girl having trouble.

Additional - incidental things show you the health of a culture. In England, the crowd is banned from straying on to the playing surface in cricket during internationals. It's from wanting to protect the pitch from idiots mainly. It's currently the lunch break in NZ and there's all kinds of people having a wander around inside the boundary rope. None on the bit where the bowler bowls at the batsman but that's the bit that gets protected by Pitchfork Wielding Groundsmen.

NZ - crowd has free rein. England - crowd is kept firmly under control. Which is the healthier culture ? Lots of good people over in England but the morons tend to spoil it.

3 comments:

  1. PS I don't share Easter Eggs. It's mine :-) And will probably be gone inside 10 minutes !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:37 am

    Gah! Cadbury's chocolate buttons!! I haven't had those since I fed them to the kids as babies. You know how it goes, half for you, 2 for mommy ... and so on. LOL.

    I don't even know if we can get them out here in Canada. I'll definitely be looking out for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May have to see if we can persuade a couple of people to smuggle some over :-)

    Chocolate Buttons are manna from heaven. Especially Giant Buttons. But I had to give them up after realising that they were doing weird things to my heart rate. Doesn't stop me being a rebel sometimes though :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.