Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Ouch

I hurt ...

Which I deserve :-) It's my body's way of telling me that I'm a lazy git who should be in training or at least getting regular exercise.

What's the problem ? The wicket keeping from last night means a lot of crouch, stand, crouch, stand etc. Plus there's short, sharp sprints on slippery floors. And bowling, which exercises the shoulder. So I have sore quads (upper front leg) and my right side is a bit stiff. What it means is that I have to concentrate on painblocking in order to walk around. But I'm not too bothered about that :-) It'll steadily slacken off over the next few days and it's nowhere near being permanent damage. I got away with potential cramp - my left calf felt like a piece of iron yesterday but I got enough water in me to prevent it from going BANG.

What I am concerned about still is my neck and my ribs. My neck is a carry over from my dislocated shoulder and I really should get it looked at. I get the feeling that the fella who did physio on my shoulder originally caused the problem in my neck. The ribs still feel as if I've been jammed in the side with a spiky thing due to an attempt at making a throw easier at the end of last cricket season.

Heh heh heh - I can still, walk, talk and turn a game of cricket around though, so that's one way of saying - "I'm still here ! Ready to kick butt and take the names of the people I run out"

Next game - 6th Feb and I'm looking forward to it already. Despite the likelihood of a repetition of the soreness I have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.