Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Still have Easter Eggs

Yep. Really. There's one sitting in the fridge right now silently taunting me with its presence.

Not to mention all the Mini Eggs in there too. I'd say I have a year's supply but that's because I know I'll keep them back for when I really need them* and I'll resort to other stuff before then.

*(Mini Eggs have a magical combination of chocolate, additives, colourings and other Stuff that's almost guaranteed to kick me out of a low and activate the hyperactivity. Not something to be abused, so I keep 'em for when I need the kick)

It's very weird struggling to feel hunger ... My hunger sense or "my belly is empty/full" sense seems to have gone walkabout since the latest whack on the head. The only signs I'm getting are when the earthquake rumbles strike or the "I need something to stay busy with" acid reflux strikes.

But - there's a way around every problem and mine is sensible : Don't snack and therefore overeat (I'm not sensing "full" properly either) and eat according to timing patterns. I.e. Teacake for breakfast, normal lunch, pay attention to "cookies are evil" note in afternoon calendar, normal dinner. That's like - just keeping to what I'd be doing anyway. Easy !

Hunger aside, I still don't trust my brain yet after getting the whack. That's another weird thing, not knowing from the inside if you're a little bit different to how you were before. However. I do know that I've been seriously lucky twice now (3 times if you count the incident with the beautiful woman bowling me over) with bumps to the head. The most damage I've had is a broken nose, a touch of amnesia and people thinking I have a coldsore.

And that's something to remember.

When you've been hurt, look at it from the outside. Think : "how bad is this really ?" Often, it won't be nearly as bad as it seems. And if it is, there's always friends around to help you through. Everything feels better after a hug. For the latest whack, sure - lots of blood. But after that was dealt with, I was able to rejoin the practicing. No need to run off to hospital immediately.

Friends count. They kept me in WoW for far longer than that game deserved (it was broken by devs removing the challenge). Although that friendship struggled to continue under the pressures of raiding. The abiding memories I'll keep from WoW are :
Making our Overqueen dissolve into giggles while trying to raid lead due to a whisper of "weird positions on the kitchen floor" in response to something I can't remember,
Getting our new shaman and 30 minutes in whispering to the Overqueen : "I like this one, can we keep her ?" (that's you Sandra !)
Singing along on Mumble
And trying to follow what the delightfully insane VR girls were up to

I guess that's what I wanted to do with this post. Yesterday's was very whiny. And I really dislike resorting to whinyness. I felt obliged to knock it off the top :-)

No where did I leave those mean, taunting Easter Eggs ?

PS I found surprise shards of Easter Egg in the fridge. So I not only have been able to indulge the Easter Egg
craving, I have another one intact still :-)
PS2 Today also sees an anniversary, which is another reason I want to look on the bright side of things and remember Good Things. The sad thing there is that this is from something more than half my life ago. Still miss him. Happy Birthday wherever you are now !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.