Friday, May 25, 2012

Hot out there ...

(quick edit and addition - I said a few things below which upset people - I wasn't in a happy mood and took it out on people who didn't deserve it. This much happier post says it so much better ! Missing the old team people already)

British Summer seems to have arrived ...

And it's been like someone's switched on the microwave beam sunlamp. The temperature according to the car this afternoon was 28 degrees C. That's up about 15 degrees C from the start of the week. Global warming 2012 style.

I didn't play in the 2 games this week because of the bruising on my legs but after yesterday, kinda glad I wasn't too. I don't do that well in extreme cold or heat but at least you can wear extra layers when it's cold. When it's hot, all you can do is get air flow and lots of cold liquids. I'll be on the milkshakes later.

Wasn't feeling too great yesterday when I came home from work. We move office next week, which will hopefully be an improvement. There's a selection of reasons why I'll have few regrets about being away from the old floorplate :

Bad air. There just doesn't seem to be much airflow, leading to excessive stuffiness.
Atmosphere. I was spoiled by how things were in my last team. This team has made us feel like we've invaded.

Will I miss the old floorplate ? Unlikely. I'll miss a selection of the people like the Finance Angels and Miss F (they smile). But a lot of them need to seriously look at themselves and ask if they think their attitude is correct for an office. Like not ignoring messages in the hope that the person will go away (especially if that message is work related and is something the other needs to be aware of). Or being Anti-Team in attitude - and I've observed some of that on the old floorplate. They have a terrible superiority complex without actually having delivered anything to justify that.

No - I won't miss the old floorplate. Hopefully the new one won't be suffering from the same malaise.

Or it could be the time to go back to something I said ages ago - it could be time to move on both professionally and personally. (Personally ? Yes, I got bored of being shut out by the person I'd been unable to stop thinking about - has she changed so much ?)

Anyway. I'd intended for a while to get a few things sorted out and I've had some catalyst for that today. Workmen have been in to clear the debris from a long neglected back yard. Need to stay on top of that so it doesn't get out of control again. Or maybe even do something with it - could be good to lounge out there in the fresh air, reading a book with the cricket commentary or music on in the background.

Other stuff I need to do is :

Get rid of a huge amount of old rubbish in the house
Scare the vacuum by actually using it
Possibly replace fridge/freezer,
Possibly replace washing machine
Definitely replace loo*
Get car serviced
Rearrange main room

*I'll have the chance over the Diamond Jubilee break to do some of this stuff, although the next time I can get the bin emptied comes in almost a fortnight.

But in the meantime, it's cutting into my end-of-loan car fund but it'll be worth it to have the light able to come in from the back yard instead of it being blocked by foliage.

Time to see if the ice cubes have refrozen :-)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:28 pm

    Perhaps she has a lot on her mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetheart - whenever I see that smile of your's, all is always forgiven :-)

    Just so want to help you get those problems off your mind instead of on it.

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.