Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Looking young, feeling ... oldish

Been getting some amusement over the past few days ...

I've been getting guesses out of people for how old they think I am. It's usually as a follow on to me saying that I'm too old to be throwing myself around a cricket field.

It's been good for the soul too, as the age guesses have been placing me at around 28-30. ("Or even younger" as one said today). That's really good to hear, as about 6 months ago that age guess range was 32-34. It gives a bit of truth to the saying that losing weight can take years off your age, as over that 6 month period, I've lost a stone. I haven't broken through the 13 stone barrier yet (that won't happen until after the cricket season) but I'm stable there.

Good times.

It must be something in my genes. As it has absolutely nothing to do with me :

Looking after myself properly (outside of snacking less)
Lack of stress (work pushes me and I push myself harder)
Funny chemicals and other "beauty" products
Getting exercise for keep fit stuff (that just seems to wear people out)

I do avoid a lot of the common poisons like drink (prefer taste of cola), nicotine (smoking is a really nasty habit all round) and drugs (of all kinds). I've never smoked because I figured early on that it would wreck lungs that are already not great. I avoid alcohol now, except for special occasions, because my IBS is controllable except when I drink. And I very rarely take drugs of any kind, be it medicinal or recreational.

So I don't really have any magic formula for looking young, except - Keep a positive attitude, avoid the vices.

I don't feel that young though. I definitely feel my 37 years and then some, with most of my damage being on the inside. Even with the bruising from last week, the spectacular bruise is the one that's least of a problem. That said though, after yesterday putting myself to "reserve only" (i.e. let someone else have a game) for this week's cricket, I'm feeling improved today.

Wonder how much of that is down to having the chance to grin at four!* lovely ladies at our contractor's office today ? It's not all about the grinning though, we had the chance to talk through and sort out some issues.

*(two because three became four as I remembered a couple more that I've known from Way Back on this project. Erm - make it 5 cos of Doreen on the front desk too)

Oh - I have a youtube channel now. I have to admit, I only made it so I could comment on a youtube video. But ... you never know. I've been enjoying the Dodger Coffeh Time vlogs a lot over the past couple of weeks. They feel like what this blog would be like if I did it with video. It's become essential viewing, at the end of every Coffeh Time vlog, Dodger will wish us a wonderful day. And you know what ? The day feels so much brighter for that.

So - dunno if I'll post any webcammy type videos to that youtube channel (if I do, I'll add a link to the list). It won't be gameplay video as I tend to fade in and out of games. Could be an occasional vlog as that would let me show what I mean with some of the cricket stuff. But something I would inflict people with - karaoke !

Now there's a threat that'll make people run away screaming. MUAHAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.