Sunday, July 01, 2012

ITunes Shuffle Game

So - I was distracting myself away from the cricket by catching up on the various Youtube channels I watch ...

One of them is DexBonus hosted by the lovely Dodger. I've mentioned it before, it's a video-log that is guaranteed to make me grin. Anyway - the latest one had, at the end as one of its "this vids finished, here's some more" suggestions : "iTunes Shuffle Game". Oh dear. Can't resist those ...

I was originally going to try and remember what made me add : "It doesn't bode well for potential night's sleep when your brain clicks into blog post creation mode at 1am ..." to the old Facebook last night. Think it was something about weight - I have a new target there. The Feed Me Dwagon will appear if I break through to under 12 stone. However, all the deep thought from last night disappeared along with application of Rubber Sleep Mallet.

On with the meme ! I've done the shuffle meme a couple of times before : "Soundtrack of my life" and a just plain 25 songs Music Shuffle meme. This one's a little different. Here goes :

(I'm not going to do Youtube links this time but may add them later)

1 - What do your friends think of you ?
Katie Melua - Halfway Up The Hindu Kush
Lol - that must mean I'm half crazy. Sounds about right.

2 - If someone asks "are you ok?" You say?
Avril Lavigne - Too Much To Ask
I have great difficulty telling the whole truth when people ask if I'm ok. Cos I'll hide it if I'm struggling.

3 - How would you describe yourself ?
Bjork - The Modern Things
Yeah - I'm a techie. But then again, I'm not so deep a techie that I'll buy the latest Shiny because it's the latest Shiny.

4 - What do you like in a (significant other) ?
Ennio Morricone - Il Treno Militaire (The Military Train)
LOL !!!!!!!! Maybe that means I need some kind of trainer person to kick my butt into doing stuff. Perhaps, cos I've always been better at doing stuff for other people than in doing the urgent Me stuff.

5 - How do you feel today ?
KT Tunstall - The Entertainer
Pretty song - not sure how much entertaining I'll be doing today though. I'm in a middling mood, not depressive but also not in the crazy-hyperactive mood that sees all sorts of daft comments coming out

6 - What is your life's purpose ?
Tori Amos - Baker Baker
Gorgeous song. I used to bake stuff and did ok at it too. But I haven't done that in decades ... Maybe I should give it another try ? Have to scour the kitchen clean first though.

7 - What is your motto ?
Stiltskin - Inside
Errrm - ookay ... But actually, reading the lyrics ... it kinda make sense. Keeping stuff bottled up causes more damage than it might solve.

8 - What do you think about very often ?
Norah Jones - Waiting
Oh yeah - I'll juggle stuff, set things up so other people can do stuff and then do other things while waiting for the other people. This one's more about lost love though. My waiting of that type is more waiting for the right person to come along. Thought I'd met her a few times but nope - not yet.

9 - What is 2 + 2 ?
Vangelis - L'Enfant
Spooky

10 - What do you think of your best friend ?
Arctic Monkeys - All My Own Stunts
Not quite sure what to make of that one ...

11 - What do you think of the person you like ?
Snow Patrol - The Finish Line
Again - spooky

12 - What is your life story ?
Lulu - The Man With The Golden Gun
Lol - these are getting weirder ...

13 - What do you want to be when you grow up ? Engine driver!
Bat For Lashes - Moon and Moon
And a little strange again. But maybe not. This one's a very beautiful track about partnership.

14 - What will you dance to at your wedding ?
Alisha's Attic - Breathe In
Yeah - that's not bad. It's a rare B-Side but it's one of their better ones and it's dancey too.

15 - What will they play at your funeral ?
Guns N Roses - Dead Horse
Muahaha - with my sneezing, there's been more than a few comments of "if you were a horse, we'd have shot you already" (comments that tended to come from people who went off sick at the slightest opportunity)

16 - What is your hobby/interest ?
Elaine Paige - A Winter's Tale (off her Christmas album)
I've always got excited about getting stuff for other people, whether that's Xmas, birthdays or just making someone special feel ... special. Not getting so much excuse for that these days and I miss it. Next birthday donut run will be in November.

17 - What is your biggest fear ?
Lisa Miskovsky - Butterfly Man
Yeah - this fits. Sad song about relationship breakups (lyrics) that kinda sums up my two major relationships. I'd connect to them but it didn't go back the same way. I think I've changed though since then to hopefully more open.

18 - What is your biggest secret ?
Norah Jones - Above Ground
Lol - if I told you why, I'd have to kill you. Muahahaha.

19 - What do you think of your friends ?
Tori Amos - Sleeps with Butterflies
Again with the butterflies ! But perhaps this should be the other way around ...

20 - What will you post this as ?
Kate Bush - Feel It
Lol - had already picked a title :-)

I might come back a bit later to add Youtube song/video links but that will distract away from listening to more Dodger (and TB and Jessecox) in the podcast by The Game Station :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.