Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Feeling a bit :
Again right now ... That's the System Crash Pocket Dragon by the way. Poor fella's wings will have given out on him sending him in for the crash landing.

With me it's just tiredness. I wasn't tired until someone asked when I had my summer leave booked ... Then I got tired in anticipation. It's only been a month since my last dose of a week off work, so I'm waiting a little longer before my next break.

Nah - the tiredness will be leftovers from the bugs from last week. Plus inactivity. Plus me running at hyperactive speed for I dunno how long. I have a problem building with doing too many hours, with not many chances to knock down the flexi credit on a Friday. Not really a problem but I don't want to lose earned flexi credit if I can help it.

Especially if the earned flexi credit is coming at a cost to my health, which has improved enough for me to be quite possibly playing cricket tomorrow ...

Possibly a little early because my right leg isn't back to a level I'd be satisfied with yet but it'll survive one game. Lungs have improved :-) I'll play tomorrow night cos the team's desperate for an extra body, so I'll do the impersonation of a cricketer thing.

Yeah - it was one of those days today at work where for most of it, we're in Necessary Evil type meetings Accepting something as big as we're accepting doesn't come without some really tedious meetings. But you still have to pay attention and be professional, despite your brain screaming at you to let it do something different for a while. And they're only "tedious" because they're dealing with minutiae which sounds boring now but which trips you up later if you don't deal with it now.

What you don't want in those meetings is for them to suddenly become "interesting" ... because "interesting" would take on the same meaning as the old Arab curse : "May you live in interesting times". A tedious meeting with no surprises is better than hearing about stuff that means all plans are up in the air and need revising. Excitement like that sounds great but you really don't need it in a professional environment. I'd rather be excited about what we're delivering than excited about clearing up big messes.

But that's not going to happen in my project - we're very good at spotting the problems early, anticipating which cans have the worms in and keeping things on track.

Yey for us :-)

And this is usually the point where less anonymous type people would point to a news story and say "We Wos Ere" or "That's Us". I refrain from that here, although it is great to see what you've been working on hit the national news for good reasons. And there's precious little of that around at the moment because the newsies have been out for blood lately.

Chill out mode at the moment :
I've run out of gaming videos to watch off youtube;
England cricket got called off due to rain;
I'm wondering about heading into a game;
My brain is too frazzled to pick the book up (Firefox by Craig Thomas);
"I Can't See New York" is about to start on iTunes;
(and I will be singing along)
And I've had enough of watching recorded stuff.

Not watched a dvd or blu-ray for way too long now. Just had way too much recorded stuff to watch, combined with there being a huge amount of cricket on the telly (despite the weather).

OMG my singing voice is dire at the moment. Almost as bad as Emma Bunton attempting to sing What I Am and butchering it.

What else ? I must be feeling ill still. I've been eyeing up something called Minecraft. It's a sandbox game where you mine stuff and build stuff. It's best in multiplayer where you'd make your own stuff but also scout around what other people are putting together.

I'm Engineer enough to appreciate putting together an elegant building or machine or other stuff you could do in Minecraft but I'm a little too much Engineer to think of something to build ... Ok. I'd see about making a replica of Lords cricket ground for one. And spaceships too.

Minecraft can wait - I'll watch the Yogscast videos for now. I think that shows how frazzled my brain appears to me when I'd rather watch videos of people playing games than actually play the game.

Time for more Tori Amos - her Scarlet's Walk album has been playing for the duration of me writing this post :-) Wonder if iTunes has any Tori Amos going cheap ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.