Sunday, July 15, 2012

Gamey weekend

Games to the left, games to the right, games to the centre this weekend.

On the telly we've had cricket, with one shortened game yesterday and another game today which looks like it'll go the distance.
On the laptop and later desktop we've had the Eve Alliance tournament.
And over Steam we've had the sales continuing ...

I've bought stuff ! And had stuff bought for me too, which was a very pleasant surprise in the middle of thumping dragons in Skyrim. The game which was bought for me is Beyond Good And Evil, which I'd have bought in this Steam sale anyway (just waiting for more discount). What can I say about this one ? It's about the most adorable game I've played. And I very rarely pull words like that out for games.
It has a style I've not seen much in games, although I have tended to avoid the adventure style game before I came across Deus Ex HR. You play Jade, pictured above and below. Jade is a photo journalist who is looking to get to the bottom of conspiracies. It's a scifi setting, very colourful with cuteness dialled up to max.
Did I mention conspiracy ? No conspiracy would be complete without a dodgy geezer with strange tache and suit.

I've not got too far into it but I'm looking forward to going back in.

Cricket on the telly's been good. Yesterday's game saw Worcestershire set a pretty decent target, with Leicestershire chasing. It was Will-They-Won't-They all the way to the end. With every ball, the likely winner was changing. Very tense, very exciting. And today's game is looking quite close too.

The Eve Alliance tournament has been happening this weekend too (finale next weekend) and to be honest - if previous Eve tournaments drew me back into the game, this is chasing me away from it. And it's not even CCP's fault either, it's the reliability of their chosen streamer that's letting them down. It's been down a lot today. Very embarassing for CCP.

As well as Beyond Good & Evil, I've sent a copy of Trine 2 back to a very good friend on Steam which I hope she enjoys a lot :-). And I've picked up another copy of Borderlands (with all DLC for £5), Civ V (£7.50) and Civ 4 Colonisation (£2.50). Civ V is mostly in the hope of finding a cheap copy of its expansion but I'll check out Civ V at some point.

Lots of games - not enough time to play them.

I didn't finish Borderlands the last time around but remember it being pretty good. I didn't finish because it drove me back into World of Warcraft. I doubt that will happen this time because I think WoW has pretty much had its day with me. GuildWars 2 might just be the Next WoW though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.