Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thematic Photographic 46 - Round

This one's another inspired by Carmi Levy's Thematic Photographic, with a little help from peeking at Sweetly's pics over at Gaze Sweetly :-)


Ok ! It's wires !

But in the right hands, it's also a Secret Weapon. Or rather, the one on the left is. The one on the right is being retired in favour of something more appropriate (the new one has more plugs)

I spent a little more money yesterday on :

Surge protector for my internet bits, laptop & speakers.
New router
Big Long Wire

The new router (a Linksys Wifi-G model) is the third Linksys item I've acquired and I've been pretty impressed with what I've seen from Linksys so far. The new gadget has slotted in with no trouble whatsoever. Even my desktop with its dodgy wifi card can see it 100% reliably ! Incredible !

And the Big Long Wire means I can play Warcraft with no lag/latency coming in due to that dodgy wifi card. Although the "roundness" of that cable means I'm having to cover it with the plank to reduce it's chance of tripwiring me into a plaster cast.

PS The other end of that wire is hidden under the sofa ... When gaming, I'll have the cable running across the floor, underneath the plank. When doing other things, it'll be coiled up and hidden beside the sofa.

3 comments:

  1. Those items are very round, indeed!! Tanya sent me to say hello, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to photo some of our wiring setups for you sometime. :-) We have a tendency to collect a lot of pieces of wood and make a lot of shelves/desks/etc. DIY is more fun sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still scratching my head for something that'll fit "musical" - although the old Turtle that CQ got me could be an idea :-)

    [chuckle] The wiring as it is at the moment is going to change again - changing who delivers my telly so the cable modem will move across the room again ...

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.