Tuesday, April 07, 2009

One more day ...

... And then a decent period away from work to rest, recharge and repair :-)

I've been feeling the strain lately, which usually manifests in me seesawing between hyperactive and hypoactive states. I'll lose track of precisely which day of the week it is too, as the days blur into each other. Of course, it also doesn't help that I've been more into the computer games lately, which leads to not getting quite as much sleep as I should be getting :-)

Heh heh heh - self inflicted wounds ...

There's good sides and bad sides to being away from work - I won't miss being able to lock the duties in the drawer with the rest of the papers but I always miss the people. There's some very special people who I have the pleasure of interacting with at work. I guess that's another reason I keep coming back to the online games too, there's good people in those too. But nattering over text isn't nearly the same as being able to lean over the Snow Queen's or The Boss's desks and make them laugh.

Yep - hearing a lady laugh (and seeing the smile) is far better than just reading "lol" in text.

So I'm looking forward to chilling out for a solid week but I'll definitely miss a few of the personalities at work. People like the Snow Queen, The Boss, WT and Ms Sunshine (who is almost as jumpy as me with people walking up the floorplate!) who make working on my project a lot more fun. Also Ms Cantina and her friends who are constantly trying to outguess me on what sandwiches I'm going to have for lunch :-)

Right - time to get back to the finale of Star Trek Voyager, it ends soon which will allow me to turn the telly off. It's started to develop a high pitched "singing", which is probably why neighbourhood dogs are howling ...

Addon time - Peeking round the web, I found this story from the Register - Bacon Sarnies Cure Hangovers ... Official !

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pete, sounds to me like you need a new telly - and less computer-playing!

    Mourning my lack of re-enactment this weekend, so visiting Tanya to make up for it :-)

    cq

    ReplyDelete
  2. Telly's been behaving itself today :-) Which means a little bit longer before I go hunting for HD tellys ...

    Yep - me got a heap of books that aren't getting read while they're in the heap ...

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.