Sunday, April 26, 2009

A little more tinkering ...

Been up at my mum's and dad's this weekend for a bit of a delayed Easter, plus a Happy Birthday for my mum & nan.

Bit more tinkering with various things - I'm pretty confident I know why my network and internet performance hasn't been particularly great lately. And that's when my internet's been happy. Looks like the Belkin wifi card I bought for my desktop isn't up to the job so I'll be buying some more bits :

1 - a new router to replace my old one
2 - A Big Long Wire
3 - another multigang plug
(I have various bits plugging into an extension lead, which isn't particularly ideal)

There's more about the various testing on my Techie blog, which can be found via a link in the Blogroll.

My nan now has a copy of The Sound Of Music, which I'm sure will end up annoying mum & dad at some point. At least I've spared them the Sing A Long copy :-)

Swanholme has a new waitress. Very lush :-) Efficient with lots of politeness and a ready laugh. Yep, good meal at the pub today :-)

Still getting good signs from the latest car. Usually on the road trip, I'll take one or two breaks to stretch my legs. But I've been quite happily doing the 3 hour trip in one block, with no stops. My back tends to tell me that's a little silly but not enough to force a stop. Plus the traffic's been good - one reason for stopping is to extract myself from groups of morons who are otherwise going at roughly the same speed.

I think my sister and I may be getting more converts to some new music. Dinner time on Saturday was enhanced by a bit of music playing :

My Laptop + iTunes library + Airport + Denon hifi = Great sounds

I think I may be buying the Airfoil utility soon too, which will allow not just iTunes sounds but things like Youtube videos to be piped across to decent speakers. I get the feeling my sister would wear out my Bat For Lashes Fur & Gold cd if she got her hands on it, although she's more interested in this video of What's A Girl To Do.

More Bat For Lashes on Later ... With Jools Holland - gotta admit I've only watched 1 track from that so far, looking forward to watching the rest.

(Addon - link for Carmi - car adaptor for Wii. Crazy !)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.