Sunday, July 27, 2008

Unexpected callups

Had an unexpected call up earlier, the Warcraft guild needed people for a raid and even though my character is nowhere near ready yet they asked me to come along :-).

It's been a while, I think the last time I did any Warcraft raiding was near the start of March. So that's almost 5 months without knowing the buzz. Solo play is fine, I get into a routine where people probably mistake me for one of the automatic bots that the cheats get banned for. I don't use bots but I do figure out the most efficient ways of playing games extremely quickly. When going into group work, I kick up a few gears. Think total focus, tunnel vision and getting far more out of the character than anyone has any right to.

Enough that I was managing to keep up reasonably well with the damage with a character that's very short on the best equipment and which is actually heading for a different role than it's in at the moment. I've been used to doing my part in a raid by dealing massive amounts of damage to targets, which was the role tonight. However, what I'm aiming for is the job I've never really done before, which is healing.

Anyway - first time back tonight and it was really good to be back. I've missed the banter that makes a raid group interesting. We didn't achieve that much but that's partly because we only had the 2 hardest encounters left in the place that we went to. Understrength, makeshift group including one person who hasn't raided for so many months but in the end only beaten by sheer bad luck. Excellent effort, it was great to be along. I'm now looking forward to more, especially as NWR seems more of a team than the Mercs used to be.

Currently chilling out to Batman Begins. Raiding is fun and a good challenge but it revs me up so much that I need to have a few hours away from the PC in order to be able to sleep. Is that healthy ?

The other callup is a little more expected, I'll be playing cricket again on Wednesday (weather permitting). Should be interesting, as it'll be my first game for two years. Hopefully the captain that night will take the rare step of believing me when I say I have the shoulder problem and keep me on the infield instead of the boundary. I'm better close up anyway. Wednesday night is normally badminton night but that's gone off the menu because I've been worsening the damage to my shoulder playing that.

PS Was so revved up I completely forgot to take screenshots !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.