Thursday, May 01, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - myths


Thirteen Things about Myths

All of these are myths. Or are they ???

1.... Electronic gadgets are powered by Smoke. If the Smoke escapes, the gadget doesn't work any more.
2.... Cars do have indicators.
3.... Spending time in online games can lead to a successful life.
4.... Computer processors are actually miniature hamsters. If the system crashes, his wheel needs oiling. If it does something strange, someone fed him a mickey.
5.... Governments are there to help.
6.... Newspapers always tell the truth.
7.... Chocolate can be part of a calorie controlled diet.
8.... A road sign with numbers surrounded by a red circle (UK) is telling you the Minimum expected speed.
9.... Jason Bourne is still out there trying to get the CIA to stop hunting him.
(Guess what film I just watched !)
10.. The Ark of the Covenant is an alien power source and is being guarded somewhere by a secretive cult. (I actually read that somewhere - the guardians don't last too long because of radiation from the Ark)
11... Aircraft are powered by Lift Demons. See Smoke Theory for more evidence that the power and oil companies are trying desperately to keep us under their thumb.
12... Dragons, faeries, sprites and other mythical creatures are out there. Keep a special watch out for pickpocketing leprechauns.
13... Donuts are non-fattening.

Don't believe everything you read !



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


1. The Bluest Butterfly

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:18 pm

    Well- I'm not sure how many of those I do or don't believe but they sure were entertaining!
    Michele sent me today

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like #7. Chocolate has ALWAYS been part of my calorie-controlled diet. I control each and every calorie that I consume.

    Thanks for the much-needed laugh. I hope you've had a great week: looks like I've got some catchup reading to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I was in a particularly mischievous mood when I thought of the theme for this thirteen :-)

    Some are a little weak and obvious though (like 5 and 6 being myths ;-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.