Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lazy Sunday

Last day of the break today - and I think I'm recharged and ready to dive back into work tomorrow. As always, I've listened to a ton of music over the break. Actually just over 1000 different tracks with today to go. What kind of stuff ?

I've quite enjoyed Taking Time Out (T'Pau). I've needed it as the mental exhaustion from how hard I'll drive myself takes its toll after a while.

One of the albums I've listened to again is Duffy's Rockferry which has the track "Warwick Avenue". So beautiful, so sad. Love trying to sing along to this one (it's outside my range) but I know I'll have to be careful if I ever do get into another relationship as I suspect me singing along to songs like this made Ravenwolf very uncomfortable ...

Another really sad one that's come through is Roads by Portishead. This is one that'll make me sit up and pay attention while joining in too.

I'd actually much rather sing along to the Incidentals (Alisha's Attic), although my voice isn't cooperating with that one at the moment. Or Forever Autumn from the War Of The Worlds show. Had the chance to go see this near Xmas but we declined due to : cost, logistics (Lincs+London+back) and the tickets went sooo fast.

Also listened to the first All About Eve album again. This is a real blast back to the past, with All About Eve being the first group I really got into. Favourite track is Apple Tree Man but videos are hard to come by, here's a more recent one : Blue Sonic Boy.

I reckon that if I'd listened to the album this one comes from before doing my cabin fever breaking city centre wander, I'd have come home with a few Morcheeba albums. Fear And Love - had never really registered those lyrics, I'd just sung along and got lost in them.

I've not picked up her latest album yet (it'll go cheap soon) but I've turned into a fan of Katie Melua and one of her best is Piece By Piece. Dunno when I'll listen to that again though because the way I choose what albums I listen to don't favour it because it's so good. (That doesn't make sense does it ?) Anyway, am I someone's Shy Boy ?

And thinking of amazing voices, here's one from Tori Amos' album of covers : Strange Little Girls.

Just added another couple of greatest hits album to the library, one of them is The Bangles. They broke the mould when they broke onto the scene but sadly didn't stick around for many albums. I reckon tomorrow will be a Manic Monday.

Also put on the Seal greatest hits acoustic album which has a track which says it all : Bring It On.

Could be a wrench though getting away from the Lazy Days (Robbie Williams) but that time off has had the desired effect : Feeling Good (Nina Simone). But not before more chill out, next album up in the queue is Fallen Empires by Snow Patrol which has this Symphony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.