Friday, April 13, 2012

Holiday cheev's

Thought I'd sum up the holiday so far in the style of game achievements ... Achievements are a relatively recent innovation in gaming which aim to extend the life of the game by giving you interesting challenges to make you play the game a different way. 

Smile time - turn a friend's mood around by being good company. Think I managed this with the quick run out to see Mirror Mirror, although I suspect the film had more to do with Smile Time than the company. 

Lazy Days - do as little as you can get away with. I had intended to get a couple of outstanding jobs done this holiday, which I've avoided. The key thing I needed to do though was Chill Out. The Xmas to Easter period tends to be tough as I'll run myself into the ground. I'd done that again this year and badly needed the R+R to get me back into a position where I can apply brain without having to lean on hyperactivity all the time.

Yes, I feel a bit bad for not starting to clear out the back garden or getting the car serviced. 

Chill out - be more relaxed. Definitely feeling a lot more relaxed now than 9 days ago (last day at work). 

Cut the fat - be lighter, despite the Easter effect. I'm lighter now than I've been for years, possibly lighter than when I started working. (Can't remember when I broke through 13stone). I've not seen the scales go below 13 stone yet (I'm not exactly burning the calories at the moment) but I'm stable at 13st0-13st2, which is a massive improvement. 

Decipher a Riddle - confirm a theory. I had a theory that my last pair of jeans were part of the cause of last year's leg problem. The leg would improve over the week when I was wearing work stuff and then go way backwards on a Friday when I'd be in jeans again. I'd not worn them since maybe October but had to go back to them due to a zipper malfunction ... (The tag you pull came off). And lo and behold the leg started flaring up again after half a day in those jeans. I get my jeans from a different place now. 

Avoid insanity - minimize exposure to daytime TV. I watch way too much TV. And that TV seems to be changing to being more interest in Fact TV than Fiction TV. I dunno, fiction TV like dramatisations seems to be running out of ideas or they're falling into the "Survive Through Ratings Gained By Sensationalism" trap. Fact TV like Ice Road Truckers or the others from the Deadliest Catch production group are far more interesting. It's unscripted and you really don't know what's going to happen unlike most Fiction TV which is telegraphed and obvious. 

Where was I - get sidetracked. There I go again ! Yep. Managed to avoid exposure to daytime TV, although there are still the infestations of lawyer ads, other ambulance chasing ads and insurance ads. It's where the money is these days and makes you glad you have a fast forward button. 

Itchyitchyitchy - try the beard again. This is really training so my beard doesn't grow too quick. Last time I shaved was almost a fortnight ago so men can imagine what kind of itchiness I'm feeling at the moment. Aaaand ... I still have a slight bald patch under my chin from the incident that see my first broken bone. 

Toast and Butter - get at least some control back over the kitchen. First time I've had the toaster out for a couple of years. I have at least achieved a little bit of clearing up :-) I also have more control over my sofa from clearing up, if not my chairs. 

See the sun - avoid turning my clock around. I'd normally fall victim to a bad habit, where I end up staying up way too late and totally wrecking my day/night cycle. Managed to avoid that somehow, although it might be a symptom of me gaming less these days. 

Miss people - have your thoughts dominated by things like "Is ... ok ?". That's a definite. I'm rubbish at doing things for Me but live for helping out others. And it's difficult to help out other people if you're not around them.

There's still a couple of days to go until I launch myself back into the whirlwind of work but I think when they're up, I'll be raring to go again. If only to get a chance to grin at a very special little lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.