Friday, April 20, 2012

Another one from the Facebook feed :
I think I do ok with figuring out which of the wolves to feed. I definitely recognise the truth behind the proverb as I know those two wolves are inside me, just as I know I have the hyperactivity manic bunny being dragged down by the depressive elephant.

I like to help people out. In fact, I like to help people out so much I'll get carried away with it. It happens at work and with the cricket. At work, I'll prioritise work that enables other people to do stuff ahead of the work that's focused on me. (I'm terrible at arranging things like car services.) With the cricket, I'll step into Coaching Mode where I'll not be able to resist pointing out the flaws in people's techniques in a "you should be doing it this way" kind of way.

With the cricket, I need to figure out how to do that a bit less obnoxiously as it can put people off. Like the fella who batted without any left hand control, I'll see if I can get him to watch me next week. Spindly arms mean I don't have as much power as I'd like but my technique is pretty good.

I got sidetracked into talking cricket again didn't I ?

The happy wolf I think I'm doing ok with, although I don't get as many opportunities to feed it as I would like.

The angry wolf is what threatens to get the depressive side of me in control. And it's favourite food comes from when I get blocked from helping people out. I can be prone to jealousy but I always try and ask "Is she happier with the other guy ?" Their happiness is more important. But if they're sad and I'm blocked from giving them the support they need, I don't understand and that's when my confusion feeds the evil wolf.

But at the moment both good and evil wolves are locked in their cages because the I Hurt Like Hell wolf is in control ! Post nets status is currently :

Lower back lumbar muscles - are frozen making it tough to bend
Thigh muscles - are in concrete mode
Hands - are covered in bruises
Shoulder - is actually ok because I only bowled about 6 deliveries

Post nets stiffness will probably last until Sunday and then it gets better from there. I'll be stiff again after Wednesday's nets but it'll ease earlier. It's just tough to get back into it after such a long time away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.