Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Piccy for Wednesday - Good, Bad and Ugly

Couple of weather piccys today :-) Inspired by the temperatures we're having here and by seeing that a certain Spaghetti Western movie is on Five at the moment.

(I'm not watching it, I have NCIS on :-)

The Good :

Ice cubes good ! Although the heat means they're melting even before I get to drink the coke I have with them.

The Bad :


Hmm - 37 degrees C. And that's from a fridge magnet in a house that's been unoccupied all day at about half 9pm. With all the electronics (exc fridge) in the house turned off too. I usually keep my desktop PC turned on, running a couple of bits of research for the Rosetta@home and Climateprediction projects in BOINC, so it helps out with the heating in the winter. That will be coming to a close though as when the current Climate model it's running is complete, I'll be doing lots of Reinstally type things to my main PC :-).

PC off during the day at the moment cos the heat has been making it complain loudly (literally - with klaxons!)

Doh - sidetracked ...

The Ugly :

Erm - that'd be the person behind the ZombieDwagon, so I'll spare people that one so their monitors survive uncracked.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. It's been too hot and sticky to even move lately! It's a little cooler today though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - lots more habitable today, although I think I may have overdone the cool-me-down shower last night - my back has been complaining today !

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.