Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ch ch ch changes ...

Been tinkering with the blog layout a bit ...

The most significant change is that the olde HTML based layout has been retired and replaced with one of Blogger's newer XML based layout.

Huh ? What dat mean ?

Kicking the geekspeak capitals to one side, it'll hopefully mean the blog's compatible with RSS readers and other things that can interrogate a site's content without actually visiting it. There's a few kinks in there too that I'll try and iron out while falling asleep in front of the cricket :-)

We shall see how it ends up.

Watching the cricket at the moment, England are doing rather better than their "Get-Out-Of-Jail" performance last weekend :-) Long may it continue. I've been at a bit of a loose end with my gaming, where the old ones I have don't really seem to keep my interest going. Tried out Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO) Stormreach yesterday and while it's not bad, it's a bit of a pale imitation of Warcraft. World of Warcraft does it better, prettier, easier, simpler. D&D is a great game for tabletop gaming with friends but it's a little too complicated for what I'm looking for in a twitch game.

Been a bit bored with Eve lately too - decent game, good people but interest wandering away again. Massive Multiplayer Online games tend to depend on a Play-Reward system, where a player will see a reward shortly after a period of play. With Eve, the Play-Reward happens on a much longer timescale and in a rather different pattern. Character improvement is tied to the ship you fly and the guns you can fit and when you get past a certain point it can literally take months for the character to learn different ships and guns. Plus, with my pattern of play I don't tend to change ships much so I've not had the "Hey - that looks cool" thing of a shiny new spaceship lately.

So I have that state of wanting to get deep into a game, without knowing which game to dive into.

Oh - back to the blog, I've enabled anonymous comments for all those people who I mention this blog to but don't have accounts somewhere that would let them leave comments. Will see how long that lasts :-) If there's spam I'll kick it back to what it was.

4 comments:

  1. A RSS Feed! Yes! \o/

    ReplyDelete
  2. And added in about 10 seconds too with the new Blogger template changing thingy !

    Gotta admit, it's a lot easier to fiddle with the template now than before they changed things. Shame the new version of my old colour scheme didn't look too good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new colors

    I confess to never using a reader, I bookmark all my buddies and visit as often as I can

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) It's a cooler (as in warmth) colour scheme, hopefully easier on the eye. Could have been a white text on dark, for less brightness going into readers eyes but I found on the techie blog that editing white text in the Google editor was ... awkward ;-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.