Friday, July 10, 2009

Bit of away time :-)

Not going too far ... I have the next week off work and I intend to spend as much of it as possible asleep on the sofa in front of the cricket :-)

Or Torchwood. I'm watching the first of series 3 off iPlayer while I wait for dinner to burn.

Been getting more and more tired lately and I've really been needing this time away. I tend to drive myself on until I burn myself out and then I keep on going. The burnout's been manifesting itself this time by me having trouble thinking through things. Hoping to get a chance for my back to heal itself up a bit too :-)

Yesterday was a good day.

Well - kinda starting from Wednesday when the WYWS Girl asked what my name was. While I don't actively seek the limelight, I love getting attention. I like to know that I'm the kind of person that other people might be interested in or want to be around. So when it comes to about 3pm and I'm eager for a bit of Muffin Therapy (tis good for sore backs, honest :-), I get the big surprise of Little Miss Cantina wanting to know more about me.

So that's Wednesday - how about Thursday ?

Hmm. There would be a proper name to attach to the WYWS and Little Miss Cantina (she is a bit little) and that set me off towards a rather good evening :-) As per my tradition, I'm keeping the name quiet ... but KT is a good label :-) The K for the proper name, the T for "Trouble" (one of her friends said "you don't need her name, just use 'Trouble' - we all do :-)". And the KT fits with the "Love Is In The Air" incident from a couple of months ago :-)

Anyway - I now have the pleasure of knowing Miss K's name. I promise I won't abuse the privilege - much :-)

Also had the pleasure of an evening yesterday with Craziequeen, BionicDwarf and Cyberkitten, as we raided Bella Pasta for dinner followed by Public Enemies at the cinema. The combination of the company, the munchies (not had pasta for too long) and excellent film, plus me knowing a new secret, got me turning from a downer into a hyper again :-) Which always helps me fight off the bugs and the bruises.

So - halfway through Torchwood first episode, dinner bell is getting more insistent and my tummy is growling ... A full week without getting my lunch from the canteen girls ! I'll fade away :-) (not a bad thing ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.