Monday, February 02, 2009

Better part of Valour ?

Or just good sense :-)


Think it's the streetlights making it look jaundiced - and British number plates really are as white and clear as the ones above, it helps to avoid getting caught by speed cameras ! honest ... Heh heh heh - kidding, those aren't my cars so I've blanked their plates.

That's the scene from outside my upstairs front window about 15 minutes ago. Usually on a Monday night, I'll head down the motorway to get a gaming session in. The rest are going but they have a much shorter trip than me. I'll be looking to hibernate tonight cos while I would drive short distances in the conditions in the picture, heading down the motorway for what really is a not absolutely essential trip is a wee bit loonie. Especially when the way back will be twice as treacherous !

I'll get the mickey taken in next week's session but at least I'll have an intact car next week, not one that's in the shop getting ice induced dents taken out of it ...

Tonight's trip home was possibly one of the quietest I've had for a while - everyone must have either not turned up for work or gone home early to avoid attempting icey roads in rush hour conditions. People seemed to be giving the roads some respect, although there were the usual tailgaters this morning. I'll be going in again tomorrow, once I'm past the road I live on conditions are usually ok. However turning up for work counts as a lot more Essential than heading out to a gaming session !

Who knows ? Maybe I'm starting to show some good sense in my old age ? Nah :-) Time to put the coffee on while I fetch my pipe and slippers.

(that's actually the other reason - my "pipe and slippers" are as fictional as the cold weather gear I have stowed here ... if I did get stranded, I really don't have the gear to keep me warm)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.