Thursday, February 05, 2009

Bambi impressions

Firstly, a shameless plug for the Techie blog :-) Talking about anti-virus products this time. If you're in the market for AV, take a peek - it'll guide you to a site that's comparing the various AV products that are out there.


This piccy is from last night :-) Had to take this one as the snow was absolutely perfect. Unsullied by boot and untouched by car tyre. The advantage to living on a cul-de-sac :-) Enough for a covering last night but it was about 2 inches deep on the car this morning.

Pizza Hut got raided yesterday, before the snow started coming down. Paths were still not great but footing was far better than Monday night ... Bit different this morning though. We only had about 1/3 of our normal complement at work today because the roads were fairly hairy. However, we still had morons in BMW X3's (insert generic 4x4 name there!) doing 60mph on a slushy 40mph road.

It wasn't too bad, after getting off the cul-de-sac I live on. However, I wouldn't have been wanting to do much more than the 5 miles it is to get into work. It's not so much trepidation at the road conditions, more like extreme wariness at what the other idiots on the roads are going to do ... I think I've learned to handle a car pretty well now in adverse grip and the car has toys that help out there too but I'm not convinced about the other people out there.

Oh - I was highly amused to see groups of people at work today who were using their lunch break to build snow men :-)

8 comments:

  1. Too bad here in Van it's been snow free for the last few weeks. It's getting really icy on the ski hills. We need more snow!

    Must be a nice change for you guys. Be careful driving though.

    Here via NetChick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try out skiing before my legs get too used to complaining at me :-)

    Big sis and I have decided to be careful ... We were going to take a trip up norf this weekend to see my mum & dad (sis from her place, me from mine) but we've chickened out due to fears of getting stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its mostly gone in Central London, even on Wednesday it was pretty clear. I was out further on Friday and there's little 'snow domes' of whiteness in some areas.

    You are right, though, we should all have built at least one snow man. Here from NetChick's to say Hi.

    rashbre

    ReplyDelete
  4. CK got away with it yesterday ... I gave him a lift in and was going to give him one home too. So I was going to lurk in wait with some snow-ammunition prepared ... I think he may have perceived what I might have been planning though cos he got a lift home with BionicDwarf instead :-)

    Snow slows things down a bit but the fun from playing in the snow is not to be missed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a nice picture, hon :-) Came here from Netchick's place today.
    I'm glad you didn't go norf, I would've worried :-(

    It went to about 6 inches deep here and was not such 'fun' - although the little boy next door went sledding with his daddy on the local farmer's fields.

    Our cul-de-sac is a mess of slush and ice now. Lethal for your old disabled Mum #2.

    btw - just checked Metcheck and more snow is due tomorrow and Monday night.

    cq

    ReplyDelete
  6. [chuckle] Note I didn't post any of the other 5 that I took that night :-) I can brace my camera fairly well on my upstairs window but the other 5 were a bit fuzzy. No flash to give the neighbours the idea I was photo-ing their cars :-)

    I've not ventured out since getting home at lunchtime yesterday - I've noticed on the news that there's a few people lost their lives this week due to the conditions. That's a couple too many :-(

    Non-essential trips = "Stay In Your Homes!" (Me to CK yesterday morning!) - and I'm still 1 bag of Mini Eggs away from needing to hit the shop ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that picture! The pristine nature of the shot really makes it. Is that a Euro-spec Ford Focus in the foreground? Love the shape!

    All our snow's melting today. I'm sure the next big snowstorm is just around the corner, though. It never seems to end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep - that's my latest buggy :-) It's not drawn the same comments as my last one yet - a little lad was walking to school with his mom and came out with "Mommie Mommie it's a spaceship!" Which brought out the massive grin :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.