Thursday, January 29, 2009

Couch potato or Pooter potato ?

I've noticed that I'm not going through quite as many biscuits lately as I usually do ...

I think it's cos my habits seem to have shifted a bit. Tonight is actually the first time I've been gaming on my desktop pooter for about a fortnight. Which is an amazing length of time away from games for me. I'd have had nosebleeds if it had gone on much longer :-) My Warcraft characters are kinda sleeping at the moment as I've not had that much interest in games. Dunno why, I've just lost the interest somehow, the games seem to be more chore than fun.

That hasn't stopped me collecting the games though :-) I picked up Dark Messiah at PC World last week at the same time as Kaspersky Anti Virus 2009. Well - it was only 97p. Less than the price of 2 Mars bars and it should last me longer. Muahaha - I reckon I could eat the 2 Mars bars in less time than the game took to copy on to the machine. I'd test that but I don't have any Mars bars in the house. (And the shop is shut!)

Sooo :

Pooter potato - goes through the biscuits like a logging machine at a sawmill. But I'm cleaner with the crumbs.
Coach potato - not snacking nearly as much :-)

No visible signs on the waistline yet, my energy output isn't nearly high enough to shift weight around. Must start doing things like walking around the block (to be followed by running around the block when my legs are healthier). The trouble I'm having is that even though I'm not snacking so much at home, the canteen are doing Orange & Chocolate Chip Muffins. And they're addictive. I think the site might need a new club : Muffin Addicts Anonymous. "Hello everyone, my name is Sleepy and I'm addicted to the Orange & Chocolate Chip muffins"

Tried out the webcam on this laptop last night and got a shock. HEY ! The screen did not crack. Shame on you for thinking that ! :-) Only kidding. The shock was actually my nose. It's weird - in the mirror, the bent nose isn't too noticeable. But on the webcam, it looks like it's pointing off in completely the wrong direction. Bit like as if I'd run into a wall and not had it straightened back again.

I had to ask a few people at work today if it looked bent. I've just checked again and the webcam has it appearing well skewed. But the work people reckon it's ok. Our BYT (Bright Young Thing) couldn't tell it was broken at all, said it looked ok :-) Which as you can imagine, a comment like that from a pretty young lady leads to me bouncing around with a grin for the rest of the day.

There are after effects still from the broken nose, as always with bones when they heal. The nose isn't quite square and with fingers in the right place you can feel the edges where the fracture occurred. I can breathe again properly now though :-) and my head seems clear of the amnesia and false memories I suffered in the months after I broke it.

Right - game's been closed down, it could well be time for me to move back to the couch and my book, before the contents of the biscuit packet mysteriously disappears.

2 comments:

  1. i broke mine when I was a teen
    i just have MORE of a bridge to hold my glasses WHEN i decide to wear them. Thoughful, almost grumpy day over here, oh well!

    I don't do most games, I try to do brain games, mostly

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the sun out today, so the grumpiness was more in the people ... It's getting chilly though. We have bitingly cold weather predicted for late Sunday through to Tuesday.

    Could have been "interesting" driving back tomorrow night if we'd gone ahead with meeting up at my parents' place for my dad's birthday ...

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.