Saturday, May 13, 2006

High and Mighty

Is of course referring to the visit by one of our bosses yesterday. This is the fella in charge of the person in charge of the team I work in at the moment. Seems pretty sharp or well briefed. He was asking all the right questions at least and appeared to understand the answers. Promising ... At least it didn't feel like a jolly little "it's all going horribly wrong and we're going to blame you for it" speech like the old one used to do.

2 frustrating evenings in WoW over the last couple. First up was a visit to the Molten Core last night, which showed exactly why you cannot afford to have passengers in raids. And we had plenty of those last night. It came to the point where even though I did take up mobs like I should have been, I didn't particularly want to because I knew incompetent healing wouldn't keep me upright while I did my job. More often than not, the only healing I got while keeping a mob's attention was from my own efforts.

Very frustrating.

And then tonight, I got saved by a phone call from the parents. We got taken into Black Wing Lair, which is the 40 person instance that's harder than the Molten Core. We went in short of people. Knowingly short of people. What's the point ? We're still learning the instance and we hadn't got the team that would have given us a chance. I think someone is losing the plot and it's causing wasted effort for the people who get dragged along. Anyway, I got saved by the phone call.

Ah well - at least England is doing well in the cricket, Go Monty ! and we got some medals from the karting to show off at work yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.