Saturday, December 29, 2018

Christmassy away time ... and a little loot

Hello again. It's been almost a week ...
I've been away visiting people and I'm now back into chilling out mode. I'm needing to recuperate after what feels like a very long year, although that year also whooshed by again. I may well be doing a review of the year type post on Monday (31st) ....

Christmas saw me making the trip up to see the mum, sister, sister's bloke and the dogs. A good trip. With bonus horse :
That's Temp, who was in very friendly mood and graciously accepting all head rubs that were being offered.
Although I suspect he was much more interested in his Christmas dinner.

It was good to see the dogs (and the family !) again. This is the first Xmas since we lost my dad, so certainly very different. (I'll miss him for a long time). He wasn't very well this time last year (mum was suffering from a heavy cold too), so we spent last Xmas up at their place but this year, I did transport and we all met up at my sister's place.
And the dogs. That's Icey, who will always be an anxious one although even when the initial excitement of NEW PEOPLE settled down into a more chill acceptance into the local pack, I think she was still a bit perturbed by what was is the other side of this picture. (Selfie cam). You have to treat Icey very gently and always remember that you're the guest in her home. If she needs space, she really needs that space. And she's also a big ball of white floof.
And that's the Murphster, who is always very keen to show how much he loves people. A very affectionate pooch who I suspect would be quite happy curling up in anyone's lap. He's a bit big for that though but I don't think he understands. (PS The hand is in that position to push against his upper chest, to stop him jumping up ... it's not a choke)
Oh and they're both massive fans of bacon.
And they very definitely took up their station under the dining table with an attitude of "This is our domain, any meatscraps that enter are ours now." :-D.

We were all suffering from colds (I'm still getting rid of one even now) but it was a good few days away with all of the family.
Some of them gave the impression that they'd fade away though without meatscraps.
Yep. We know what you're after !

I've been back for a few days and I'm looking to chill out and recuperate as much as I can before work starts again but so far :
Lots of Motorsport Manager, my team are now welded into the top league but we're still about 5th to 6th fastest with lots of catching up to do.
Little bit of Skyrim, with purple windows (a clash or a missing graphic asset) and enjoying a rather weird Cthulhu inspired mod. I'll be doing more random bimbling around in Skyrim over the next week.
Curiosity at the Steam sale, haven't actually bought anything yet.
Amazement at Amazon and iTunes. I get reward vouchers from my credit card and usually cash them in now to spend on iTunes or Amazon vouchers yet ... the e-vouchers are out of stock.

Yes. E-vouchers. Out of stock. That translates to "We aren't going to honour new ones of these at sales time". The sales offers at both Amazon and iTunes look particularly awful though, so I can wait a little bit.

I am not completely without loot though. As well as the fella in the first pic ... (and here's a better look at him on a tree just about able to hold his weight)
... There were sweet things :
The lemon sherbets have already disappeared (lush), I have the bonbons and the kola kubes, not started on the fudge yet and as that brownie wasn't packaged up, that disappears quickly too.

I thought I'd missed out on the gertlush marshmallows that are on sale around Lincoln (Naked Marshmallow Co, highly recommended) as they only had the burner kits on sale at the farm shop. But ....
Mums are the best and come through with unexpected marshmallow loot. Mums are also resistant to doggie hypnosis, despite this fella's best efforts :
(He got some of the leftovers later with the other bit going to Icey)

A good time away, great to see the family again. Lots of slurping by Murph and I think I'm accepted by the Icey one now.

But was the slurping a sign of affection or was it taste testing ? I still have all my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.