Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Back to work tomorrow

Yep.

Back in tomorrow, don't feel ready but I have been hitting that stage where I'm having trouble getting to sleep because I'm not that tired. Oh and also random going to bed times (partly courtesy of games, partly due to watching streaming people on the internet).

Oh ! Happy New Year everyone. Hopefully 2019 will be a good one. I'll want to put 2018 behind me for a few reasons but there are those few steps forward as well.

First ... picture.
Toasty thing is very toasty after a minute in the microwave. (It's a Warmie, it's supposed to be heated up !)

I'm almost better on the outsides ... that's something that's been a long time coming. There are still a few hold out bits that aren't finishing up their healing but those have been looking better after a week of not doing very much at all. I have been pondering putting plasters on again though as I'm literally my own worst enemy with my outsides and keep attacking them. It's become a habit that I definitely need to ditch.

New job ... haven't talked about that much here but it's a move back to engineering and not too far either. I'm still in the same larger team, just a different part of it. It'll be a stepping stone to something higher up either in the same team ... or a different one. We'll see what opportunities are out there over the next year or so.

Bookwise, I set myself a target of 52 books to be read in the year last year. How did I do ? With a little cheating with some short ones, I got up to 29. I still have to write the review for number 29. I had a good start but somewhat stalled in the middle of the year. Probably watching too much cricket and not enough book. Also somewhat too tired to read after a while too. Book number 29 is Persepolis Rising of the Expanse series which I'll write more about soon. This one took a whole 2 months after The Martian ...

It has been good to be reading again and the next one will be on the Kindle again, either Children of Time or Thrawn of Timothy Zahn. I also have book 1 in the Annihilation series to read on the Kindle plus a few books donated by my mum. Lots to read. Oh ! The book about horrid games too should be a good chuckle.

One thing I need to definitely do over the next year is get cracking on sorting out the house. There's new jobs adding to the old jobs that I haven't had the energy to tackle over the last few years.

Yep. Back in tomorrow, which means :
That's tomorrow and I need to do a Mall run after work as well.
Doctor Who's new year special was good. It wasn't Weeping Angels like the pic above (I personally really dislike the Weeping Angels, they're a jump scare alien that doesn't actually make any sense outside of plot devices).

Colder today due to something apparently called an Omega Block where a high pressure bubble is trapped over GB. That causes the clouds to disappear and all the heat to escape. Wonder if we'll get snow again this year ? I did enjoy the little snow expedition last March, although I was very glad to get back indoors and put the kettle on.

Last thought - I've been seeing stories about the expedition to check out the Ultima Thule asteroid. They have a picture :
That looks familiar ...
Cya !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.