Thursday, September 20, 2012

Few randoms

Been struggling to think of themes for posts lately, things I can wrap words around.

I've had the various thoughts running through my head, like how I'm enjoying work more at the moment (one big reason for that is something I'm not posting it here - lol). Here goes with a few random things :

Audi drivers really do need to Learn To Drive. I know there's some sensible Audi drivers out there (including a very good friend) but the typical Audi driver gets the brand noticed. Things like tonight where a pony and trap was coming the other way. You take it easy around horses on the road, it's easy to spook them. Audi driver decided to overtake the pony and trap just as I was coming past it.

I know right ? Easy way to get hoof prints in your front wing.

There was another one at work who objected to me slapping his rear wing after he nearly ran me over on a pedestrian crossing. (Service person who had the worst of the bad attitude they can have).

But that's enough about Audi drivers. Apart from maybe next door, he has an Audi too. Not heard much from that one lately, which is always a good thing. I actually suspect the house is sub let, which is never a good thing for a neighbourhood as you don't know who the transitory people are.

Talking of neighbourhood, I actually saw someone parked in the flats parking. There's 3 parking spaces opposite my house which belong to the flats. However, the denizens of the local shops believed they were shop parking too and occupied the spaces until the owners of the flats got annoyed. There's a chain over the spaces now with "Private" on it and nobody can park there. They shoulda just reported them to the Police instead, like what I do with cars who park outside with expired tax discs.

Yes I do. An expired tax disc means the car likely doesn't have MoT to say its roadworthy or insurance to keep other drivers assured that it won't be an issue if the muppet crashes into them. I report them with a clear conscience, knowing just how many idiots infest the roads.

And that behaviour on the road is getting much worse, case in point being that Audi driver who was begging for hoofprints in his doors.

Other bits - health stuff.

I think I'm on to something with locking down what I'm reacting to. Jaffa cakes are fine !!! HURRAH !!! So it's either pig or wheat that I'm reacting to. I'm fine with brown bread at work, making turkey & lettuce sandwiches. I seemed ok with toast at home on brown bread. But I reacted a bit to turkey & ham sandwiches made on both white (lots of reaction) and brown bread (less reaction).

That lines up with other reactions too - pizza and going hyper with bacon.

What about the skin stuff ? Well, there's a big patch on my arm which just looks like a rash. I really don't know about this one, I think it's subsiding (slowly). The patches on my legs are definitely subsiding, albeit very slowly. My skin is incredibly dry though, which isn't helping. I think that's from the damage though, my lips always go cracked when I'm suffering from an ulcer.

It's improving, steadily, I just have to leave the bad patches alone so they get a chance to heal. That's harder than it sounds cos it's damn itchy. Hopefully isolating the allergies to wheat or pig will help.

Music.

Been enjoying listening to lots of music lately. And that means enjoying it without having to retune the router or reset the electronics. Since I made the wireless stealthy, I've had no interruptions from the jammer. And that's over a significant enough time period to eliminate the reprobate responsible disappearing on holiday or something like that.

Last bit - Car stuff.

I've only had my car about a year now but I think I know what the next one will be ... Here it is, courtesy of Autoexpress. It's a little bigger than my CT and comes with a bigger engine, 2.5 litres up from the 1.8 in mine. It promises (like all hybrid concepts!) to have high mpg and low CO2/km. I suspect it'll do about 45mpg but be a sub 10 second to 60 car rather than a slow 10+.

The Lexus LF-CC is a concept at the moment but it might come on sale conveniently close to when my CT's loan matures ... Looks shiny. It continues a theme of Lexus gradually going through their range facelifting them. The CT came in last year, the GS just got a facelift, now it's the overdue turn of the IS. Hopefully this one will also come in a soft top version, like what I was looking for when I linked the IS-C :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.