Sunday, August 09, 2020

Spaceships, a little racing, a little rescue and back to work

Hello everyone,

One week since my last, feels like it's flown past ! It's been one of those weeks too where I can't really remember what I was getting up to either. (Yes I can, cracking on with work stuff and doing spaceship mining in evenings)

It's a bit warm here at the moment ...
I was looking for the melted dog pic but that'll do as well. I struggle in the heat. Probably a lot of that is a metabolism that tends to the hyperactive states but I'm also carrying too much weight and British houses are set up to be heat traps. It's not been quite as hot as previous years but it's still been pretty toasty.

Internet spaceships ? I've been doing more of the mining ...
As usual, click for bigger. I'm playing in 1440p, so there's lots more detail available than is in the thumbnails. Here we have the good ship Towel of Space, hard at work again amongst the asteroids. The little lights there are collector drones that go out to fetch the bits you blast off the asteroids.
The good stuff is in the rings around planets.
Loads of asteroids to have a look at in there.
It speeds things up if you get close, although you're probably not supposed to get that close. Spot the shields activating to stop an impact from the rotating asteroid !
But something unusual happened yesterday. One of the pilots on the Kolo discord reported that they were in deep fuel trouble, as they'd been disadvantaged by getting moved by the game and got stuck without a fuel scoop or a station to refuel at. So off I pop to a station to get a small module refit ...
And we're off to the rescue. There's an organisation called the Fuel Rats which does this as their thing that they do in the game. It's the first time I've run a rescue like this.
Felt good too. And apparently the people on the discord liked catching up on the story as it was unfolding last night (we were using the discord to coordinate before getting online).

I've been in the Motorsport Manager game too, starting again with an open cockpit racing team (think F1). I've been curious about the mods for that game which essentially do a total conversion. I haven't gone for those yet. There are a heap of mods that are essentially massive cheats for the game, I avoid those as well because I've figured out how to win at the game without that kind of assistance. My team was up to 5th in the lowest (of 3) championship in the third season and the races are being enjoyable to run the strategy on.

I had another little look at FFXIV again today. It has an effect on my neck and shoulder, so I haven't been quite as addicted to it as I could have been. But it has a certain draw that's kept me coming back. I'd rate it as being well worth a play if you enjoyed your levelling time in games like WoW.
And my little punchy catgirl has outfits that I can show off on camera again !
This is checking out Gridania.
Looking at the scenery around the town.
And being taught new dances by the locals. Need to get more outfit though. That one was provided by a quest again.

That's one of the things about this game, there's a certain joy that comes over in the actions of the characters that come up on screen.

Both this one and Elite have been good ones to disappear in this week. I'm finding the mining in the internet spaceship to be a calming experience that I'm enjoying. It was great to run the rescue last night. And FFXIV's Eorzea was being charming again today.

Stay safe everyone, be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.