Saturday, August 01, 2020

Quiet week with spaceships and Lego

Hello everyone,

I've been having a quiet week ... a bit of time away from the work stuff and to see about catching up on sleep and other non stressy things.

Cardiff happened on Wednesday, more about that in a bit (but the thumbnail will give some away!). Shopping has happened today, although it included what's probably best described as a milk mishap. Not quite a disaster, although I was mopping up milk from the boot of the car and my kitchen floor. Looks like only a little bit escaped, which was good. (It got squeezed in the shopping bag enough to pop the seal).
There we go. More of that box in the background in a bit. (More Lego may have escaped as well ...)

Been watching the cricket too, there's been a fair bit of that this week ... rain permitting.

Cardiff was ok on Wednesday. I feel it's probably inevitable that we're about to see a second wave of Covid cases coming in now in the UK. We never properly got close to eliminating it (getting a below 100 case in a day level), it's trending slightly upwards again and mask discipline was shocking on Wednesday. Perhaps 1 in 3, maybe 1 in 4 people were in masks. I didn't stick around for munchies like I would normally have done, although that was partly due to wanting to get back for more of the Kim & Becky crafting stream. It's a good chilled out stream to listen in to as Kim facilitates and Becky produces magic.

Lots of games have been occurring this week, although I've been a little limited by my shoulder ... I think I may have actually popped it out slightly this week, although it has improved again today. There's been a load of music listening too :-).

I played a little Final Fantasy XIV last weekend, although that's suffered a bit with the shoulder. I can't show to latest screenshot because the gear system has given my poor punchy catgirl something nearly indecent.
I've skipped ahead a little with the Internet Spaceships and I may come back to those but this was Tea-89 on her way back to the bubble, this one is a slightly processed image by the way with "Auto White Balance" picked to make everything more visible. Looks great.
I did want to be doing something different to exploration though and this is Tea-89 returning to the hangars at Jameson Memorial.
I had a chance to give the Admiral Luperza an updated paint scheme, although the shoulder meant I didn't want to indulge in combat just yet ...
So the Towel of Space made her debut. The name and colour scheme are in honour of the wonderful Katherine of Sky (youtube link), another lady of the videos who has a lovely voice with great intelligence and style behind it. When she does streaming, she has a strict no face camera policy but did start up a Cat Cam, with a towel bed for her kitties to lie on while the camera pointed at them.

The kitties appeared to know when the camera was on ...

So chat started up the cult of the Towel Of Sky and a new meme was born. The callsign for this ship is CAT404, or Cat Not Found. I'll name one in honour of the other Lord Of Sky, Caledorn (youtube link) at some point. He hasn't been making many videos lately but I've been enjoying listening to him as I catch up on other series.
There's Towel of Space hard at work amongst the asteroids, collecting Painite which can fetch prices of around 630,000-700,000 credits per tonne. That's not as much as it used to be but it's still probably the most profitable activity in the game at the moment. Plus I think it's ok for my hands too as there is less interaction with the controls.

The other high value methods are either broken (Low Temperature Diamonds are extremely rare at the moment due to a bug) or very fussy in their mechanics. I mine by finding good asteroids and blasting at them with lasers (very simple), the game now includes methods for drilling into asteroids and blowing them apart for shinies hidden inside. That seems very fussy and I haven't tried it yet.

I've actually enjoyed the mining, it's been a different activity than the exploring and is definitely easier than the combat.
I mentioned pictures of Lego though ... That's what was in the box.
It was fun to see a picture frame take shape, including having a prop at the back.
A shape steadily takes .... shape.
More detail appears ...
And I suspect you know what this soon became ...
There we go. This was one of the new Brick Sketches that have just been released. I enjoyed putting this one together last night when I was a bit too warm to do much else.
And 2d vs 3d !

I've been eyeing up the LED light up kits as well. One or more of those may appear at some point.

I've also still got my eye on a Hotas upgrade, I've enjoyed taking an early look at Automation :
Nice little Triumph Spitfire analogue there. It doesn't have quite the body customisation options that I was looking for but the engine and mechanicals customisation is incredible even if it isn't going to go as far as doing Hybrids, Diesels or Rotary/Wankel engines. I may well acquire the BeanNG.Drive application that lets you drive your creations around.

Anyway, back to a bit more chillout for me this evening.

Nite all, stay safe, be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.