Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Impossible Mission of Gromit Hunting Adventures

More Gromits have been found !
That's Cupid, the latest one from tonight. Very pink. Extremely pink. I actually drove past this one the other day but ... no pic, no claim ! And I don't use the phone when I'm driving :-). (There are exceptions).

Except for some downpours over the weekend and scattered downpours since, it's been very hot over here. Not as hot as a lot of places ... but a bit too hot for British buildings designed more to keep the heat in. So I've been holding off on the big Gromit Hunt that'll involve walks of around 7.5 miles in Bristol centre.

However ... I did have an excuse to do some driving (read - hiding in the car with the air con) to visit some of the outlying Gromits.
There's Pickles McPrickles over in Southmead. I just noticed that the poses of the Gromits are different. Bit tricky to find this one.

A quick hop over to the big open space of Blaise Castle :
I think there was more Castle too somewhere but I was parked in an awkward spot and needed to hustle !
Peek A Boo ! And a need to hide the little girl who was in shot. Gotta hide that from the internet due to the weird people.

(Bums of people retreating from shot are fine !)
A hop over to Thornbury where I found a book shop ... I didn't see much of my favoured scifi in there so I moved swiftly on. I had some time ... but not that much. And the rumbly belly was telling me to go eat too.
A very green Honeysuckle Rose keeping an eye on Thornbury's High Street.
Last one ! This one is an extremely colourful Toto residing for now in Winterbourne.

I'm at 11 now out of 67, with most of them in the city centre. More to come !

After Toto, the plan was to head back into almost the centre to what's become my favoured cinema over at Avonmeads. It's a pretty dead cinema (was just me plus 3 stranger people) which means minimal interruptions.

The film ? The latest Mission Impossible. These films just keep getting better and better. They are silly action movies but pull it off with great style. I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Recommended !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.