Monday, July 02, 2018

Gromit is Coming

I've been remembering 3 years ago today.

Not 2nd July 2015 but a more generalised period around that time. It was the time of the Great Shaun Hunt :
I managed to get around 37 of the various Shauns dotted around Bristol, I'd have liked to do more but I hadn't quite recovered enough at that point.

It's curious to remember back though. I was comparing Shaun Counts to a few people. Can't remember how I did compared to their Shaun Counts. I know that the treasure that is Snow Queen managed to see the lot. I ran into the Snow Queen again today and she's still a little wonder.

LTK saw a few more than me I think, as did the Eve fanatic that is Luth. I mentioned the game Empyrion to Luth today. Maybe tempted him. It's in my Steam sale shopping cart now, haven't quite bought it. It's been amusing to watch the FuzzyFreak (see link to the right) stream Empyrion for the last week or so. It was a shaky start until she got into the spaceships but it's a game that's all about the space ships.

And it's given me a few ideas and thoughts for ships that I'd build. A few of them would resemble the scifi spaceships like the Babylon 5 Starfury, BSG Viper is a bit boring, the Star Wars ships are definitely candidates. Oh and a couple of capital ship ideas that would look suspiciously like a Death Star (call it the Dragon Ball) or the Galactica (call it the Dragon Star).

We shall see. I happen to have a template for what could become the Dragon Ball :
Oh ! There was another person who couldn't take part in the Shaun Hunt when it was on because she had suffered a badly broken ankle and wasn't mobile. So it became a mission to do the walks myself and get pictures across.

At least as far as I could get around the trails.

This was 2015 when I was starting to get into the recovery phase for my battered arms and legs. I think my legs had returned to their normal sizes instead of being swollen and my arms were starting to repair too. And it's taken another 3 years for repairs to continue ... and the repairs aren't quite finished yet.

Part of that is my fault again due to redamaging the bits that are struggling to heal. Part of it is down to just how extensive the damage I got ended up being.

Almost healed now. There are a few hold out bits on my knees and toes but ... almost there.

I'm holding off on doing the trails just yet though. It's still freakishly warm in a very uncomfortable kind of way. Felt perhaps a little better today wearing my light coloured jacket while outside though.

They're around for a couple of months. If I could find a downloadable map, I'd post it (sadly no map online although it's in the app). I'll hold off a little until it gets cooler, plus I'm planning to take some leave in August which should be a good opportunity.

Some of them are spread around a bit in car trip kind of range. Possible coffee shop crawl ?

Maybe.

PS In other news - XWing Wraith Squadron Mercy Kill - finished. Excellent read, must post review soon. Robert Heinlein Between Planets is next.
PPS I had another PS but my brain melted before I could post it.
PPPS That was it ! Golden Globe round the world yacht race started yesterday. Definitely following that one and cheering on Brit lady Susie Goodall. She's in the middle of the fleet at the moment, early days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.