Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Adventures in Azeroth (and laptop temptation)

I've been enjoying my time in Azeroth since coming back into World of Warcraft.

I've switched servers again to join a guild run by the lovely Katherine Of Sky. Well, she doesn't really run it, more like being the Queen of the guild while the Guild Master type stuff is done by another couple of players. I've been enjoying having that guild chat going again while I descend into that power levelling focus I get myself into.
The guild is called Chasing Rainbows and there's Tashmetu, my shaman, enjoying the new tabard. It has a rainbow on it ! Oh and I have a hat. Hats are awesome.

Tash's story started on an island. Except it's not an island ...
Big turtle ! While you play through the story of that zone, you can see the turtle's flippers going up and down in the background. Good stuff.

There have been other escapades so far, like spraying a Mosshide fella with something that made him irresistable.
Curse that sudden yet inevitable betrayal. That line worked better in Firefly though.
It was an excellent disguise though. Oh, the shaman runs around as a puppy too.
At least, most of the time as a puppy. For this character, the playstyle tends to be to run around as the Ghost Wolf, dash up to the mobs and then ... Suddenly Shaman ! WHACK. Here seen admiring the lady in green.
And later, on a mission. Tash determined to get the dwarf his ale before the head dissipates.
Oh and Tash's Guide To Not Allowing Fish To Escape : Catch it with rod, hit it with the hammer.

It's not all work though. Here we come back to that dancing figure of the first picture ... Heroes gotta let loose and have some fun too sometimes.
Auction House dance party. Good times.

It's been very enjoyable coming back in to play with the Chasing Rainbows guild. You can find out more by having a peek at Katherine Of Sky's videos (link to the right). She's been doing a series of very short videos on pet battles. Well worth a peek.

Oh and I appear to have booked a week off work just as the new expansion hits. A complete coincidence of course ... One target is to get my boosted maximum level character through all of the previous expansion's zones before then. I have been enjoying the shaman more though. There's a kind of story that unfolds as you go through, rather than the BANG max level of the boosted character. The lower levels are simpler too, it feels like there's a lot going on to try and keep up with at the highest levels.

Laptops and temptation ?

I nearly bought one tonight. I'm very curious to know what readers think of the Asus laptops. That's the stand out favourite for me at the moment. The one at the local pooter store has been discounted to £750, whereas I could buy a marginally better one online for £700.

Temptation is real ...

But I resisted tonight. The Mall run was successful :

Chinos acquired - for Gromit Hunting and wear while it's so hot (Britain is melting). My current jeans were too thick and stifling for comfortable long distance walking.
Potion of Brain Freezing - lush.

PS Addon. Don't give the Bitdefender people any money (They're an antivirus company). You will never hear the end of it ... I just got another begging email from them today asking me to buy their latest product despite me deleting my account there and unsubscribing my email from them.

2 comments:

  1. Heya Sleepy! Really enjoyed reading about Tash's adventures! (I've been keeping up with her selfies in guild chat! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey ! Thank you KoS :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.