Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tempted by cookies and Easter Eggs

Made one of those fatal mistakes tonight.

I walked past the Cookie Shop without fortifying myself with food beforehand. This is a very dangerous thing.

So after staring at an Easter Egg for most of the evening, I now have a box of Millies Cookies sitting beside me. I've survived the temptation of Easter Egg but those Cookies whiff a bit. Would be a shame to waste 'em by letting them go stale.

Quote of the day : "Chocolate is Life"

So, so true.

Still, resisting the temptation of Egg will mean the Egg Supply lasts another day and as I wasn't really hungry (I may have slipped into slow metabolism with the coming week and a bit off work) I haven't really missed munching one tonight.

Oh ! I have boots. Been spending cash again, although I've resisted the itchy fingers that want me to buy an Xbox. £250 for the Final Fantasy XIII edition from Game looks the best bundle at the moment but I'm keeping the credit card under control due to a £1100 credit card bill last month.

The boots are for Snowdon, which the Eve guys will be hitting next month. It's one of Britain's mountains, although that's not really saying much cos it has a railway line to the summit. We won't be using that. It's a toss up between my work shoes and my trainers as to what's best to walk in, so I invested in a pair of proper boots. Will have to see how long they take to bed in.

I think my "Ramble" detector is going off as well as the tiredness that comes from anticipating tomorrow being my last day at work for a week and a bit. Been on the second wind over the past week or so, which has meant I've been fine during the day at work but have struggled in the evenings. Hence no real gaming during the week nights. (sometime soon I'll put in a few XCom posts!)

I'll be recovering over the next week and I bet by then I'll be raring to go again :-) Although that might be due to me feeling the need to go hunting the Teacakes again ...

3 comments:

  1. I bet those cookies didn't last more than 24 hours :)

    Have a great Easter and I hope it brings more chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I must be ill or something ...

    The Cookie box is still full !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie - you so need to eat some proper food! Pizza, cookies, chocolate, teacakes and popcorn (although delicious) are not proper food!

    I will be have an eggless Easter, I think...seeing as chocolate wasn't invented in the 14th century!

    cq

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.