Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Things that make life worth living

A good friend, Cyberkitten got asked during a theological related debate what makes his atheist life worth living. He answered "Brunettes". Which is something I whole heartedly agree with. CK then expanded that to include 20 items, which has given me an idea ...

Here's CK's original post (linky) and here's mine :

(I'm trying not to steal too much)

1 - Brunettes - definitely. I tend to go ~wibble~ when asked for help by brunettes.
2 - Blondes & redheads - see above.
3 - Cricket - sport of kings and it suits me down to the ground. Man's sport, not a sport for babies like football.
4 - PIZZA - I think I'm part Ninja Turtle.
5 - Chocolate - Dairy Milk. And I seem to be able to eat Giant Buttons now with no ill effect :-)
6 - Music - all kinds, see my Thursday 13's for more there :-) (Iron Maiden at the moment)
7 - Games - I'm a very competitive person.
8 - Scifi - gives an escape from this rather humdrum world.
9 - Driving round corners way too fast - guaranteed to give me a Silly Grin.
10 - Making people smile - The Grin (tm) is almost guaranteed there.
11 - Being able to help people - cheers me up, makes me feel useful.
12 - Ooh La La ;-)
13 - Books - and anything that says "new experience".
14 - Gadgets - I'm not an Early Adopter but I do like to see things Work. The more Efficient, the better.
15 - Teacakes & bacon - pinching a bun in the canteen (40p for a teacake) is always a great way to start the day.
16 - Flirting - comes with that making people smile thing.
17 - Milkshakes - definitely partial to an occasional strawberry milkshake.
18 - Mischief & misdirection - I love making people think completely the wrong thing.
19 - Good friends - I don't count myself as having that many close friends but those I have, they are awesome people who are truly treasured.
20 - HUGS - what better thing to look forward to getting ?

That's 20, so it's time to indulge at least 2 of those ... I have a box of Maltesers in the fridge that ain't gonna survive the night.

5 comments:

  1. Good list.

    Confused by No 12 though...... [grin]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those definitley resonate with me but I have to ask: Is that bacon with teacakes?

    With respect to gadgets - the iPad is everything it promised to be and so much more. I love mine : )

    I do find it interesting that religious people cannot conceive of a life worth living without religion (I have had the same discussion myself). Do thye not have friends, family, experinces they love? I was also accused once of having no morality without religion but that's another discussion (one that peron lost).
    Iron Maiden rock BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12 - if you have to ask ... lol :-)

    Teacakes - Monday to Thursday, Bacon bun - Friday :-)

    Curious about the iPad, just not sure I'd find an excuse to use it. I've owned an iPaq for years that is just satnav only now.

    Makes you wonder why the religious people waste time sticking around here when they could be going to the Pearly Gates ... Get on with it and stop taking up our parking spaces ! :-)

    Need more Iron Maiden, I only have Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Powerslave and Somewhere In Time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoL @ the parking spaces reference! Too right!

    You need Killers, Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind. IMHO the early albums are by far the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muahaha - I take it you've just become aware of that moronic survey as well.

    Spotted those in HMV today going for 2 for £10 ... was very tempted :-)

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.