Sunday, February 03, 2019

We've had snow again ...

Snow seems to be coming at convenient times at the moment here !

Last year, I can't remember the circumstances but I spent the Thursday working from home, so I missed the announcement that said the site was closed on the Friday. We have laptops, which is pretty much all we need to enable working from home. That said, the laptop hooks up nicely to a big screen while in the office and you can talk to people more easily. (And they do teacakes which I could do here but ...)

I could hook up the laptop to my home monitor but ... I'd honestly prefer not to do much rearranging of the cables.
Wait ... snow ! It arrived a few hours later than advertised, starting properly at maybe 8pm instead of the predicted 2-3pm. We got a little less than last year, maybe a couple of inches and it was actually starting to melt even as the last of it was falling.
The snowman above was made by a neighbour. It's glorious isn't it ? Definitely pretty snow when it started coming down.
As always, click for bigger. Most of these are phone camera but there are a couple with the proper camera.

I was able to do my usual Friday thing of working to around lunchtime and then taking advantage of accumulated flexi credit during the week to disappear. I used to have the standard 9 to 5 pattern, plus leaving a little later when I wanted to finish something off. I still have the pattern of hanging on until about 5pm but I start earlier ... means I build up those extra hours.
Yep. Totally not noping out of venturing too far. (I'd left my boots in the boot of the car).
The main roads had been fairly well cleared by the time I ventured out at lunchtime. The pavements were still pretty dangerous though. What I can't believe was that idiots were cycling on the icy rutted pavements still, instead of sticking to the clear roads. Well, that's cyclists for you. They're not smart round here.
There was, of course, a battle still raging on the surface of Hoth ...
And up in orbit.
A snow kitty was looking on from afar.
Which gave me ideas ....
A path to chips ? (And pizza).
That wasn't the idea that popped into the head, although I did raid a rather busy local Chinese later. I do love the muffled crump crump crump as you walk through snow.
Before I go, a proverb. The early bird beat the snow and got the worm, this is the late bird.
I wonder if my new front door guard is still there !

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.