Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Busy sleeping

Holidays for me at the moment !
Holidays usually mean indulging in the pizza so I can enjoy it while getting away with the cheese = acid effects it usually gives me. I haven't actually gone for the pizza yet ! I must rectify this at some point.

I haven't gone too far yet. Although I was pondering a wander into Bristol to check out attractions like SS Great Britain. I want to see that at some point. Also the Planetarium, want to see that as well. Sometime. Soon. Maybe.

This week is more about rest and recuperation though. I was feeling the burn out creeping up behind me and tapping me on the shoulder. Plus I was getting increasing pain from my neck and both shoulders. (The right shoulder is a known injury ... but it's rarer for the left shoulder to join in too)

Time to take a break to recharge before Xmas kicks off.

Yep. I brought out the C word :-D.

What have I been up to ?
Definitely enjoyed the Nomnivorian Swarm and their fleet of Star Destroyers. That's in Stellaris, which has a nasty habit of making a day totally disappear once you open the game.

Talking of beings that eat everything in sight, especially their enemies, I should put the dinner on. Oops. Eating late again.

Watching the endurance racing cars on Sunday was good again, wonder if Toyota will keep their win this time. That's a bit sad, they've been disqualified from the last couple of races for breaking the rules. Which is really bad because they have a massive performance advantage over the other LMP1 cars.

Cricket has been good to watch as well, with a few wins for England despite the rain over in Sri Lanka.

I read the Martian again, more on that to come in a later post. This is the first time I watched the movie and then read the book. If you enjoyed the movie, definitely read the book. There is so much more in the book that was chopped out of the film. But that's stealing from the Book post.

The current read is essentially fanfic ... A Roll4it series just started with them playing in the Stargate universe, which has me wanting to watch the Stargate series (all 3 of them !) again. The fanfic is "What happened if Britain kept the Stargate and found out how to use it in the 1930s ?" More on that in a later post too. I'll be picking up Book 7 in the Expanse series too, now that it has reduced in price from the £10 they were asking until recently.

Motorsport Manager is still a game I'll keep going back to. It has a very hands off, strategic gameplay style that is very nicely fitting with me wanting to let the shoulders and wrists recover. The decisions you make definitely matter during the game. Ok, maybe not all of the decisions :
Glorious isn't it. Nope, the livery doesn't affect car performance. There is sadly no secret +1 to all performance if you paint the car red.

I have ventured out of the house, honest ! (Needed supplies ...)

Lego is tempting.

Hmm.

FOOD ! Back again soon !

PS There's also been lots of music listening to happening. iTunes tells me I've listened to 846 different tracks so far since Friday ... May get the chance of Repeat Track Since Laptop Bought Randomly Chosen down to 1 in 3 very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.