Monday, October 01, 2018

Adventures in Windsor

Thursday saw me heading East. I'd accumulated almost 3 days worth of flexi working credit, so it was time to burn some of that down a bit.

I had an ideal location picked out.
Hello Legoland. I'm going to keep the pictures smaller because there are rather a lot of them (Facebook got 126. Yep. 3 figures worth. Not gonna post 'em all here !), as always .... click for bigger. All of these are taken with my proper camera so there are lots of pixels to see.
Lots of bricks too. The first main ride type area you get to on site is Star Wars and these two are outside. Inside, there are incredible dioramas depicting scenes from the first 6 movies.
They look amazing. And in fact a couple of messages sent to people quite early were along those lines. I was pretty blown away by the dioramas. The site is chock full of them. Some, you might not notice so much.
Check out the fella on top looking to nab your snacks.
Some are a lot more impressive. This fella is highly likely to become an avatar at some point.
And pirates. Quite a few pirates as well. And a Mariachi band. The lunchtime show involved pirates too. Most of the site is targeted at 6 to 12 year old kiddies and their parents but this lunchtime show was fun to watch for me too. Perhaps I am that 6 to 12 year old kiddie in a somewhat older body.

Hell, you should indulge yourself in some harmless fun if you can get away with it. Good for the soul.
Although don't swim. Swimmers might get eaten. Those dragons looked peckish.
Especially that one. Burger Dragon will definitely be an avatar at some point. Lego creations like this were all over the site. Most of the place was theme park, which didn't impress me too much. Too much roller coaster, not enough brick. Saying that though, I didn't actually partake in the roller coaster thing, maybe next time.
Humour too. As I walked past these fellas (and there were more of them), Queen's We Will Rock You was playing.
The really massive treat for me on the site though was Miniland. This had intricate statues inspired by places from all around the globe. USA, Britain, France, Italy, Holland, Belgium, Russia, China, India and quite probably a few more too. Need to go back to refresh the memory.
We have lift off ? Yep. That is a giant Lego Space Shuttle and launch gantry. There's a crawler transport vehicle too and models representing the rest of Kennedy Space Centre. Definitely fanboyed over that.
Had great weather too, check out that sunshine.
Enough sun for crisp, clear shadows. Erm ... Totally didn't intend for my own shadow to be in shot ! Wear hats if the sun is as powerful as this folks.
The amount of detail was amazing, as was the number of different landmarks. Quite a few from London and beyond.
Wonder if they move the stones when the clocks change ? Couple more before I close ?
If you haven't watched The Mole sketch by Jasper Carrott, you've heavily missed out.
I loved this scene hidden outside the Atlantis aquarium area. That's definitely better visited than on camera (the low light wasn't so good for camera).

Just one more ! Star Wars again, this ... was larger than me.
Here's a video of them building it and ... those are small Lego star fighters dotted around the outside.

Great day. Had fun, enjoyed the visit, when can I go again ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.