Thursday, September 17, 2015

Thursday Thirteening ...

Here it comes again ! Yep - another Thursday Thirteen.

But first ... router report ... Pointy Things Are Better. Proven. After avoiding gaming over the last couple of evenings, I had a good session today. Whereas before, I'd be disconnected sometimes after only 5 minutes or so, it survived a maybe 4 hour session. Ok, the server coughed (and is still fallen over at the moment) once but that's a problem at their end.

Yep. I suspect I need to keep an eye on the addictive part of my personality. It's taken to returning to WoW a little too well, although in its defence, I hadn't played for a few days.


Happy with the techie purchase, I hope the post from yesterday was useful !

Week Two Questions! Copy, Paste, Share & Tag! ?#?Thursday13?
1.What do you think the best invention is?
The pizza cutter. What else could it be ?
2. Are you a pessimist or an optimist?
I have to say optimist. I do make tonnes of back up plans but that's my paranoia saying things can and will go wrong and I better be prepared. But I do look for positive outcomes instead of instantly going to the "It's all going horribly wrong"
3. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
The ability to turn people's frowns into smiles. To cheer people up. To make them happy. Perhaps I'm part way there ? People catch the Grin when they see me smile at them. But it's not proof for everyone. The relationship with Ravenwolf fell apart because I couldn't find an answer to bring her up out of her depression. Work in progress maybe.
4. What do you think your life will look like in 10 years?
Hopefully with someone to share the music, toys and movies with. I have to say I'll still be working, thanks to the Beloved Mr Osborne, I'll not be able to retire early. I'd like to have had my boat built and be living on it.
5. What is the best thing about living in your city ?
The people I know in it. The colleagues at work. The work-ish friends who drag me out to the cinema. The friends who I can send messages over for chat when I'm feeling lonely. The bubbly chuckly Cupid's Gift who brings out huge smiles when a message comes in.
Yep. That's me, hoping there are no poles nearby when a message comes in. From a few people actually !
6. What are your hobbies?
Playing days in cricket are pretty much done now, although I have to say that I won't throw out the boots, gloves or whites just yet. I still watch lots of cricket, I'll watch the motor racing (although Formula 1 is paint drying watching foregone conclusion with the state of the teams at the moment). I watch an unhealthy amount of scifi and read almost as much. And then there's the games ...
7. If you could invent a holiday, what would it be?
Space jaunt.
8. What was the last thing you bought?
Outside of munchies ? That'd be shopping and petrol on Tuesday and the router on Monday.
9. Do you like to cook?
I like to throw things in the oven, forget about them and pop them out in half an hour. That said, I should really learn to cook better so I can choose my own ingredients for increased healthiness. That said, last time I tried eating healthy, my body erupted with all the damage that's almost repaired now.
10. How have you changed since you were younger?
Slowed down a little perhaps. Still indulging in the strange thinking. Perhaps wiser from being older.
11. What was your first car?
The Fiesta doesn't count. My first proper car was an Astra 1.6 Mk1. It had a beard. Yep ! Seriously ! The rust under the front bumper resembled a scabrous growth that Clooney would have been proud of.
12. What is the worst movie that you've seen?
Jupiter Ascending would have come close if it wasn't for Battleship. Jupiter Ascending at least had Mila Kunis attempting to have some fun with it. Battleship had zero redeeming features.
13. If you could meet anybody in history, past or present, who would it be?
Hmm. Tough one. I could say various people who will get irrationally irritated at the person I suggest. It'd make them throw things at the screen. I dunno why people get like that at people they don't know. Although see earlier comment about Mr Osborne.

I think I'd like to meet my ancestors. See what they did. See how they lived. See who they were. Because they are my own personal history.

That's it for this one ! I think this will go on Facebook as well. Soon.
Haha. There's a reason why I use pictures of dragons as my profile pics ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.