Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Playtime = frustration

Battlefield 3 = Do Not Buy

Don't touch it with a bargepole. It's crash-to-desktop hell not just for me but for hundreds of other angry people logging into the BF3 forums. Not just nVidia people, it's all of them - AMD cpu's, Intel cpu's, AMD graphics or nVidia graphics, they're all having problems.

Tried a few things so far, none have worked. I think the machine is ok as it ran the 3dMark11 benchmarks successfully. I'm currently downloading League of Legends again (WoW comes later) to get some quality gameplay time in.

Another comment - the Z68 based motherboard I have is supposed to support SSD caching, where the fast disc speeds up the slow disc. I've not been able to enable that so far though, dunno why. I'll check again when I have a new hard disc to permanently keep in the system, the one that's in there now is split up over multiple partitions which could be what's blocking it.

Oh - annual leave day 2 and I'm back to wondering what they're up to in the office. I've already emerged more than I usually do ... Novatech and back yesterday. Not planning to go out much more although I believe supplies will be required soon. I'm almost on my last cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.