Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Shiny !

When I first started playing WoW, one of the things I spotted while reading the manual was the legendary items. I said to myself then, they're shiny, I want one.

It's taken 6 years but :

(click for big pics)

Creating the Sulfuron Hammer :


I didn't equip it in fear of breaking something but here's what the purely purple Sulfuron Hammer would have looked like :


Nice, but not so shiny.


Ooo - what's happened there ? I see the ding of a guild achievement ...


And there we go :-) One achievement for the guild and something very Red And Shiny for me :-)


It's a item from the very first incarnation of Warcraft so the stats are pretty bad but. It's shiny !!!!!

I did most of the farming for bits myself with a few parts bought off the AH but there are a few thanks to in game people :

Allenis for donating a Blood Of The Mountain
Laina for being there when the Eye dropped and for letting me borrow his characters to make raid groups with so I could farm stuff
Benii for the same on the raid group thing
Alex for letting Laina out to play
And Violence Reborn for being awesome.

Don't think I've missed anyone out there :-) I still have a bit of work to do, as I owe the guild 1 Sulfuron Ingot and 1 Blood of the Mountain. But that can keep for when my shoulders aren't aching from too much game time.

It's not quite as tough getting this as when it was The Best Item In The Game as 3 of the bits needed you to be in a 40 person raid to get the item. One part has a 4% drop chance, with one chance per week. Another item is about 33-50% drop chance, again with just one chance per week but 8 (+1 for a pattern) needed. The Blood of the Mountain were easier, it's something like a 10% chance to get one with up to about 10 chances per reset of the instance. You'd need a 40 person raid together though, nowadays one character can go all the way through on their own.

The open world farming is a bit easier too, as there's less competition now that people have moved on to higher level places.

However, just because it's easier than in the old days doesn't make it any less Orange (Orange > Purple) or any less Shiny !

1 comment:

  1. At least now that I'm playing it to I'll know what you're talking about sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.