Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Downtime - much needed

Having a little downtime here at the moment, which is much needed :

Putting mind+soul into what I do at work,
General physical exhaustion,
Old injuries haunting me again,
And new health issues making an appearance.

The first few of those won't change. I don't believe in putting in less than 110% to what I do. Even when outwardly it appears I'm slacking, there will be something else going on. The injuries just get managed and thankfully I still don't need any kind of painkiller medication to handle those.

Nah - it's the new health issues that are slowing me down right now. The issue with my leg is still there, although the ickiness factor has gone. I suspect that means it's healing underneath the scab. Hopefully it won't take too long to heal ... I'm staying away from cricket until it does because the way I go in the field, I'd rip that scab off while diving around. And as it took so long for the scab to form ...

Also having issues with my breathing at the moment. Nothing serious, I suspect I'd be able to run around the block if I needed to. But it's enough that it disrupts me when I'm trying to get to sleep, with the knock on effects that has.

Anyway. Health issues aside ...

Been back into Warcraft lately. It's a curious place to be because of issues that are hitting the raiding at the moment. The raiding we do has a maximum of 10 players involved. I've only really been involved lately when the team is short of people. Dunno why but they don't seem to want me in there as a first choice person. Perhaps that's a perception that's based in paranoia but it's there all the same. Adding to that is much discussion that's happened around reserve players for raids. There's still more to come there, as the rules behind the reserves situation only seem to be only inside the head of the person picking the teams. And as a normal member of the guild sees them, they don't make sense.

Let's just say, it's not the way I'd have run a raiding team. And I'm talking from experience there, having juggled the pots and pans and tried to keep everyone on side and happy. It's not easy. It's not working at the moment in our guild, as there's a few (including me) people who are just not saying we're available right now because we don't know what's going on with the team stuff. With all that stuff going on, I have no real interest in raiding at the moment.

Ok, that's that little bit of angst out the way. Needed to say it.

I feel I've taken my main character (Iceangel) as far as I can take her right now, any improvements to come will come from raiding. I've got no real interest to play the character, although comparing her to when I started in WoW, it's like a God meets a minor imp.

I'm currently playing my warrior, Bashara 3 (the first was a tank on The Maelstrom server, the second was a druid on Auchindoun). Bash has now got to the maximum level and could in theory go through all the instances. There's still a fair bit of work to do as where you'd like to have a couple of gear sets for the different jobs, what I have now is a mix of tank and damage. Which achieves neither ... I'm going for tank stuff first because there's no real challenge involved with putting out enough damage to crush solo content.

Yep. Warcraft has a hold of me at the moment, when I'm not watching stuff off blu-ray/cinema or watching cricket. England no1 in the world ! Woo hoo ! It's well earned. That team has it all right now, with strength in depth too.

Being on hols means I'm more free to buy stuff off Amazon :-) I have trust issues with the postman, so I like to be around if deliveries are likely. This time around it was 4 blu-rays : Sucker Punch, Battle : LA, The A Team and Knight & Day. I've only watched Sucker Punch and Battle : LA so far of those. They had their critics at the cinema but what film doesn't. I enjoyed 'em both the second time around.

Sucker Punch - style over substance. The Real World backstory is still rather lame but the Fantasy World action sequence are amazing out of this world showcases that still work well on the small screen.

Battle : LA - Aliens invade. USMC saves the day. Still loud, explosive and gritty with the viewer not knowing who or what is going to survive. High body count here ... Won't be a classic but is still an excellent action movie. It doesn't try to be what it isn't, it leaves lame comedy aside, it avoids the temptation to go District 9 over the top, it just looks to be an action spectacular. And it succeeds beyond measure. I'll think I'll still be rewatching this one when District 9 is stolen by the Dust Bunnies.

Both excellent films, will the Apes movie (who's gonna say that whole title ?) live up to it ? We'll find out on Thursday.

Signing off for now, time to either dig up Uldum in Warcraft or take the next step in liberating Arulco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.