Monday, April 11, 2011

Sometimes big is not better

Ok - so I'm posting as a means of getting a big picture on to the VR site !

(clicky for full 1080p goodness!)

Since getting the 23" widescreen monitor, I've noticed a problem. You can only look at one thing at a time (two if you can go crosseyed at will). The problem's basically :

I look at the centre - and die cos I missed being low on health.
I keep an eye on positioning - and miss my DoTs* running out
*(DoT = Damage Over Time spell)
I click on a targeted spell - and can't land it cos my User Interface gets in the way

Don't get me wrong ! Big screen = awesome. It's my own tunnel vision that's making me miss stuff :-)

What will/is changing in the way I have it set up are :
The health bars in left centre/low are Healbot. They're there for my priest and will get turned off at some point for the damage dealing mage. Don't need 'em.
Omen (right centre/low) tends to get ignored as I don't often get in danger of pulling the mob off the tank (we have good tanks). Plus the standard interface does that as well now.
Head Up Display. Going to try one of these out, see what happens. It'll put a couple of Big Stripy Bars up so I will have no chance of missing seeing I'm in for an Impending Dirt Nap.

All the other not so immediately useful stuff tends to be hidden off out of the way. That's not quite what I raid with though. We were on the way back from a wipe at this point, so I had my no3 bar active ready to make the raid a bit more intelligent. All my damage doing Stuff is on the no1 bar :-)

Oh yeah - look at those damage per second numbers. When I started in Warcraft, we were lucky to do that as a Raid. Progress !

2 comments:

  1. Oh i get so jelous! I wish i could come back! Have fun out there and kill a dwagon for me, will you?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:44 pm

    We did kill dwagon !

    Two of them !

    Lots of effort though - lots of wipes last night but we got it right in the end. Fights are much more technical these days.

    SleepyIce

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.