Friday, April 15, 2011

Recommending ...

One for the car people around Bristol ...

ATS Horfield

Happily recommending these people based on what I saw today ... After the KwikFit experience (they are so fired), this was a very happy contrast.

Kwikfit - order tyres in advance on the website, turn up at the arranged time a couple of days later to get them fitted. Fitting time for Kwikfit was average, what I didn't expect was them to say they hadn't got the tyres I'd ordered and I could have the more expensive Continental instead.

They're a nationwide organisation ! Not having what was ordered days before is total INCOMPETENCE. No excuse. And the customer doesn't go back.

ATS Horfield were a happy contrast :-) Customer (me) happily treated with respect by the guys inside. After the Kwikfit experience, I was unwilling to commit cash/credit card before appearing. With just turning up, you can't expect them to have just the right stuff there (huge variation in sizes, not much space available). I took what was offered. Alternative was Monday, which doesn't really fit in with my working pattern and their going home time.

Made me grin what their opinion of Continental was too "about the worst tyre you can buy". Refreshingly honest seeing as it's the most expensive in the catalogue. I agree. After Kwikfit shafted me with a pair of Conti's on the back, the car wasn't as confident through the corners.

Anyway - tyres done quick, even without making an appointment. Cheaper than expected, although that's mainly cos I went budget. Bit sad doing that to a performance (ish) car but it means not sinking much money into a car I'm not expecting to have next year.

Oh - they're accessible too. Bristol is an ok place to live but I try and avoid going into the city centre. The alternative tyre/garage places tend to concentrate in the centre.

PS I suspect I may be in Happy Mode. I'm recommending stuff to people ... Must be the Mini Eggs.

1 comment:

  1. I have had a couple of bad experiences at KwikFit so now i order my tyres online and get my local garage to fit them.

    ReplyDelete

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.