Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend of sport

Got one of those heavy clashes today.

All day - England v Aussie cricket
1pm - race start in the Grand Prix
3pm - kick off in English Footie Players XI vs Germany

Thinking of breaking out another laptop for all of that :-) The cricket will rule the big telly all day, with the football and formula 1 coming via the marvels of the internet. Things have improved tremendously there in the past year or so. Iplayer has revolutionised access to programmes we've missed, as well as bringing in live streaming.

Progress is good :-)

So - how are things going at the moment ? Ankle is still being troublesome. I can happily ignore the shin now but putting power through my left foot makes it feel like there's glass grinding around in there. However, that's not stopping me from being one of the faster fielders in our work side :-) I'm not as quick as I'd like because I'm having to think about protecting the ankle when I'm accelerating. Still saving runs though :-) Which is what counts in the field.

Had a first in the game on Thursday - I actually fielded a ball while upside down with the only bit of me in contact with the ground being my head. I checked for a grass stain on the hat but it must have been knocked off early.

Good job too - it's dry clean only !

Only 2 runs though for me on the night, I got out early trying to push on the scoring with a drive that was mistimed and went up in the air. I've stepped back into cricket with most of my limited selection of shots doing ok but the drive has been very poor. Needs some net time to work out the High Left Elbow technique. (High Left Elbow keeps the bat straight)

Right - the cricket is developing and it's moving rapidly towards the start of the GP, so it's time to sign off :-)

And a bit later it will be over to iPlayer to again watch the climax to an outstanding first Moffat led series of Doctor Who.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.