Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fitness struggles

This year is going WHOOSH !

Can't really believe it's Day 12 of Da Bruise already. It's going, just not as quickly as I'd like. It was spectacular, now I'm bored of it (although I'm still showing it off at every opportunity!) and want it to go away.

Reason - no cricket last week but there's potentially a game for me tomorrow and definitely a game Thursday. At the moment, I can't consider myself properly fit as I still appear to have the twisted ankle problem (on top of bruised shin) from a fortnight ago. However, I'll do my usual thing of ignoring injuries. I'm down as a reserve for tomorrow, hoping I'm not needed as it'll give me another No Sock recovery evening.

"No Sock Evening" ? You can actually see the dent on my leg where the top of the sock has pushed in what is otherwise the leg swelling up ... Weird :-) I seem to have most of the mobility back though, so I should be able to Wing It as usual.

This weekend - enjoyed a well chilled out day on Saturday, where the full Crazie Mob gathered (with more friends) to wish Aginoth a happy birthday. Mr Piggie was invited along as the guest of honour for dinner, he left rather smaller than he started.

Hmm - bacon.

Not been gaming that much lately, evenings are mostly filled with having Cricket on the telly (Twenty20 season) and World Cup on laptop. Or World Cup on the telly with the sound off due to the cursed Vuvuzelu horns. Atmosphere at a game is good, incessant noise is bad.

World Cup as a whole has lived up to expectations, which were sadly low. The football World Cup is just a bit too Big. That means the first half, when all the buzz is at its height, is heavily dominated by filler matches where there's no interest in the result. Too many easy games or too many unimportant games. And this is in a sport that's not that great to watch for the not so interested person anyway ...

Ah well - I have the T20 domestic games to keep me interested at the moment :-)

All in all - bit worn out at the moment, looking for a bit of downtime but will keep heading on as long as I need to. That's my way, always has been and hopefully always will be. Bit battered but the cricket that got me battered is well and truly worth it.

Last bit. Shopping craziness ... Did the occasional shop at Big SuperMarket Chain tonight, was hoping to pick up some long socks so I could wear a shinpad on Thursday to protect the bruising. Saw just about every type of article of clothing on sale there except ... socks. They had kiddie socks but they ain't gonna fit my size 10s, let alone be long enough to hold in a shinpad. Time to invoke an old rule : "if a shop doesn't want to sell me what I want, go somewhere else"

No comments:

Post a Comment

So much for anonymous commenting ... If you would like to leave a message and don't have a suitable account, there's an email address in my profile.